Saturday, December 25, 2010

Fran's Creativity


Since I don't think Fran would actually ever post this, and since I think the things she has made are pretty cool, I'm posting a photo of the first thing she's made with her new sewing machine. It was a "hedgehog" pattern from the internet, but Sophia affectionately calls "Euli" short for Euler (translation: Owl). I think it's cool, especially since it has a pocket. And I like her choice of fabric design and the crazy button eyes. Sophia loves it too. Enough said.


P.S. The little acorn guys were to show off another little project she made. However, those guys got torn apart shortly after the taking of this photo. Those guilty shall remain nameless.

5 comments:

Meike said...

I agree 100% with you Henry. Fran is very creative. And is willing to try out everything. I would not even have the patience to start sewing!

HeidiPie said...

Very nice, I'm loving them!

Franziska Patterson said...

Haha...thanks guys. Thanks Henry for sporting my failed creative attempts on the internet. :) I guess it's a compliment because you really thought the stuff is cool. The little hedgehog really didn't turn out quite as I wanted it to, which is why I have dubbed it "Freak of Nature" instead. It was cute though when Henry put the Freak up by Sophia's door at night. When she woke up in the morning she found it right away, and called it an owl. So, it's been an owl since, and she actually does like it. I guess that's the beauty of creating stuff for kids. They don't know that they're actually playing with a Freak of Nature, and not an owl. Haha...

The little acorn guys were also a failed project. I thought I could turn them into little animals using tooth picks. Turned out those things are rock solid. But, at least I thought of giving them little felt hats and shoes. I guess they'd make for fun little toys if your kid is not in a destructive mode. :)

Next sewing project to mess up is a baby blanket. :)

Isa said...

That is one awesome Eule! Well done, Fran!

Never call it a failure, just claim that's how it's supposed to be! That's the beauty of creativity! Plus, as time passes you won't even see the little imperfections any more, but be proud of your accomplishment. (I know this).

Isa said...

btw, could I get a link to the pattern???