Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blogging Interrupted

We made it back to the US in time to catch some bug that has been going around in the neighborhood/ward. Yesterday, at 4am, Sophia started throwing up, and wasn't able to keep anything down, including fluids. When she was still barfing by almost 4pm (12 hours later), I decided it was time to make sure she is ok/will be ok, and we headed over to the pediatrician, where she made it a point to show off why we're there, throwing up on the floor. Lovely.

At that point I also started feeling like I might need to throw up, wondering if we'll just end up having a barf party, walking through the house in undies, barfing left and right or something. The doctor gave us some meds for Sophia to prevent/slow down her barfing (called Zofran - you gotta love a medicine that contains half of your name). We ended up not using it because even though Sophia just lay around all day, too weak to do anything, watching movies all day, when we got home, she was suddenly chipper and happy. We gave her more to drink, and when she still hadn't thrown up again by 9pm, we thought it was over. After holding FHE in the bathroom (for practical reasons)we put her to bed, and she peacefully slept till 2.30am this morning - when she barfed again. Arghhh...and she's only had pedialite. Now it's 9.30 am, and she hasn't thrown up since then. However, she doesn't want pedialite anymore, and she has made it very clear that she is hungry (who can blame her). Poor thing. The good news is that I don't even care anymore to be barfed on, or cleaning up barf. There has been so much, I think I'm completely immune now.

Anyway, with all the barf clean-ups, and washing laundry about 6 times in one day to keep up with all the barfed on towels, pajamas, bed sheets, etc. there hasn't been much time to blog. Go figure. But, now Sophia is sleeping (and hopefully not barfing), and Henry is sleeping, and the laundry is done, so I have a second to blog something. More pictures.

Pilou and Sophia

My niece Pilou definitely has a mind of her own. To this point I still haven't been allowed to just hug her or hold her. She is not like that but rather picky about who she socializes with. Even though she has not been wanting to hang out with me, I can't help loving her unique personality, and her tendency, even at this young age, to just do whatever she feels like.


Pilou and Kaylee

The girls watching a movie - I have to laugh at how much Sophia and Pilou are into the movie

I think Uncle Martin really became a favorite for Sophia. Even after he left, she just kept asking for him each morning

My brother's living room. I really lovelovelove my brother's house, and this picture doesn't do the place justice, but at least it gives you an idea of what I like -rustic/country, lots of wood, light

Cute little Tyler
Ok, I may be biased, but I just think Sophia is the cutest little thing - I mean, look at those big blue eyes, and pretty lips and curly blonde mane

My crazy nephew Jeffrey, half the heart, twice the energy

Sophia also really loved Opa and hanging out with her cousins

however, even though she loved Opa, she's still not a fan of being held

Niklas and Gusti

Tori and Sophia

P.S. I realize that most of you probably don't find these pictures very interesting, but I realized posting pictures on my blog is an awesome way to have back-ups of my favorite pictures. :) And you all get to look at my family.

3 comments:

KroekieMonsters said...

I agree, Sophia is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Well i totaly can see way she favours Onkel martin, he is just too hansome to be ignored=!) Its a really nice pictur. Hope henry got Throu his examen allrigth.

Henry said...

I haven't found out how I did and haven't fully recovered from the stress yet. We'll let you know as soon as we know when I pass. (I hope).

Henry