- I was extremely hormonal and thus not a lot of fun to be around. What was God thinking when he created female hormones? I'd like to believe that he's all-wise and all-knowing, but I can't shake the thought that this was just a really bad idea...
- We got hardly any sleep. We'd play/talk till the wee hours of the morning and then when we went to bed, Sophia made sure to keep us up by waking up 2-3 times a night, screaming for an hour in the middle of the night, and then topping it all off by waking up no later than 7 am. You've got to love a restful vacation like that...
- We managed to get yet another speeding ticket on the way back...and we weren't even going fast on purpose. We thought it was 65mph speed limit (as is common for most highways)...but it was 55mph and we were passing an undercover, jerky VA cop.
- I wanted to go to the beach so bad, but our plans were thwarted by bad traffic and then lightning. Nothing quite like driving for 6 hours total just to see the water from afar. Oh well, at least we got to SEE the Atlantic, even if it meant to kind of ignore the life guards who informed us the beach was 'closed'.
But, the day ended well. Sophia had a lot for dinner, nursed well, and went right to sleep. I got a good work-out in, and Henry cooked a great dinner. Thank Heavens for wonderful husbands.
Well, here are some promised pictures.
Here is Sophia 'reading' her books
Here is Henry with his Superdad T-shirt and matching behavior. He really is a super Dad.
And here is Sophia laughing her head off with Grandma Ruth
8 comments:
Das waren bestimmt nicht deine weiblichen Hormone, sondern die schlechte Laune kam vom Nicht-Schlafen. Es gibt NICHTS Schlimmeres als Schlafentzug!
Ich hoffe dass Sophia bald wieder besser schläft, und dass du auch etwas Ruhe bekommst. Welcome to the "sunny side" of parenthood!
Nee, das waren auch/auf jeden Fall Hormone. Immer, bevor ich meine Periode krieg, bin ich extrem emotional und ziemlich...aggressiv. :) Da aergert mich alles und jeder...und dann 3 Tage spaeter versteh ich nicht warum ich mich so gefuehlt habe.
Ahh, the mysterious comments I don't understand. (:
I'm sorry yesterday was so frustrating. I definitely think being a parent pushes you to be patient more than anything else in the world. I know I am still working on it. I lost it when Bailey peed all over the couch on purpose... but next time she does it, hopefully I'll be better! (Or even better, she just doesn't do it again!)
I just remind myself that the are learning too.
This is the translation google translator gave (I was expecting a really bizarre translation but was acutally impressed with the translation it gave for Isa's comment. I've never seen it work as well.)
Henry
Isa:
That was certainly not your female hormones, but the bad mood was that of non-sleeping. There is NOTHING worse than sleep deprivation!
I hope that Sophia is sleeping better soon and that you also get some rest. Welcome to the "sunny side" of Parenthood!
Fran:
Nee, which was also / in any case, hormones. Always before I started my period of war, I am extremely emotional and very aggressive .... :) Because everything annoys me and everyone ... and then 3 days later, I do not understand why I have felt so.
Kari's comment (via google translator):
Ahh, das geheimnisvolle Kommentare, die ich nicht verstehen. (:
Es tut mir leid, gestern war so frustrierend. Ich denke, dass ein Elternteil treibt Sie, geduldig zu sein mehr als alles andere auf der Welt. Ich weiß, ich bin immer noch daran zu arbeiten. Ich habe es bei Bailey peed alle über die Couch zum Zwecke ... aber beim nächsten Mal sie tut es, hoffentlich bin ich besser! (Oder noch besser, sie funktioniert einfach nicht es wieder tun!)
Ich erinnere mich, dass das zu lernen.
Ich fühle mich schlecht, dass Sie schon eine grobe "Urlaub". Ich hoffe, dass das nächste Mal sehen wir einander, weder von uns wird als hormonale.
Danke, Google Translator.
I only know what that says because I wrote it...
haha! I can only guess what you meant to say...
Fran
Ich habe mir das video gerade nochmal angeschaut und ich glaube das ist jetzt mein neues Lieblingsvideo :) Das bringt einem ein Lächeln auf die Lippen.
Post a Comment