Well, as you may have gleaned from the last few posts, Sophia hasn't been doing too well with sleeping in the last 2 months or so. At first, it was her teeth and an ear infection. But now that the teeth are in, and the ear infection gone, I expected her to go back to her former sleeping habits. But, she kept waking up 2-3 times a night. No fun. Before we left on our 'restful' vacation, she had a few good nights where she slept through (which was GREAT except that I kept waking up all the time anyway). I tried to determine why she still isn't sleeping and decided it was food. She is simply not eating as much as she needs, and therefore is waking up more at night to eat. The nights she slept through, she actually had quite a bit to eat during the day. So, since we've been back I've been trying really hard to get Sophia on a better eating schedule. Not that I didn't try before, but I felt it needs to be more structured now, and I simply need to put forth a greater effort to help her eat enough during the day. Well, I'm glad to report that we've been doing pretty well with it, and Sophia has consequently slept well every night since (about 8-9 hours right now). I'm hoping that as her eating skills improve (we're doing finger foods for the most part, which is great but takes a lot of time and doesn't fill the tummy up as well right now), she'll sleep even better.
It's amazing what food can do...
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also sleep better, when my tummy is filled with good food :)
Yay!!! Go Sophia!!!
Post a Comment