Thursday, November 27, 2008
Blood Curdling
Happy Thanksgiving to us. Henry and I are out in Missouri, visiting Henry's brother for Thanksgiving. This morning we were all getting ready for a Thanksgiving Gobble-Gobble Turkey 5k run. Henry was going to walk with Sophia in the Baby Bjoern so that I could attempt the run. Well, geeze, my blood froze when while getting ready, I stood at the top of the stairs, and saw Henry, who was walking down stairs with Sophia in his arm, slip, then fall, having Sophia fall out of his arm, and falling down the stairs with him! It was sooo scary and so fast. Henry seemed ok, but Sophia was screaming. We gave her a blessing right away, and tried to calm her down. She only fell a few steps, and we checked her little bones, but it seemed like no major damage was done. I felt so aweful though. It was horrible seeing the two people I love the most fall down the stairs like that. Henry was teary eyed, too, feeling horrible about not being able to hold on to Sophia. I'm glad they are both ok. Anyway, we did go for the run, and it was really nice being out in the crisp winter air moving around. I ran the 5k in abou 35 minutes - not bad I think for someone who hasn't run in about 1 year. Now we're getting everything ready for our big feast. Happy Thanksgiving after all, because I'm with my family, and most of all with Henry and Sophia! I love you guys!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ohh, scary! I'm glad they are both ok. Have a happy Thanksgiving Day. I'm going to bed so we can have a good one tomorrow.
I hope I never have to remember that feeling. She rolled a step before I could stop her. It's horrible when you think about it being all your fault. I keep thinking, "I could have held her tighter, or looked down, or been more careful." And, any time she cries I feel like it could be something to do with having fallen. It's horrible. I was reaching to stop her, sliding away from her so I couldn't. Horrible. I hope no one has to ever feel the way I did today. I already was paranoid checking on her breathing every couple of hours. Now, I'll be even more paranoid.
Henry
I'm sorry that happened to you! Lilo (when she was about three years old) once made a step backwards against the "Türgitter" - which I hadn't closed properly - and fell down the whole stair - at least 10 steps and against the wall. I was standing so close to her but couldn't reach her when she fell... It's one of the worst memories I have! And all MY fault! She hit some steps so hard - but she had NO injuries, just a little red spot on the forehead... It must be even worse, when a little baby falls... Don't blame yourself - accidents happen everywhere and luckily we have someone up there looking after us! I'm glad you didn't get hurt! Thanks for sharing that experience!
That is really scary!! Don't feel too bad about though- stuff happens. (Ask Darcie about the time two month old Derek rolled off the bathroom counter.) Mike says that babies are little rubber balls, and it's true. I'm sure it was scary for her, but she has probably already forgotten about it. I'm glad that everyone is okay!!
That was scary! I'm so glad that Henry and Rob were there to immediately give her a blessing. She settled down pretty soon after that. I'm so glad that she's doing well right now.
Oh no! That IS scary! I'm glad all of you are alright! And I hope you did enjoy the holidays (I miss Thanksgiving).
Something else: I had NO idea that you run.I am genuinely impressed because, well, I don't. at all. I can do 10 m and then I faint. ;) So: BRAVO to you, especially for having just given birth!
and by 10 m, I mean METERS.
Post a Comment