Monday, November 24, 2008

8 Weeks ago...

Sophia came to us. Okok, I'm sure you're all tired of reading about our little baby, but quite frankly, I set this blog up mostly for my own personal pleasure. You are all just privileged to be allowed to read my thoughts. Anyway, here's a list of what's happened 8 weeks later:

  • I lost my pregnancy weight - no need to get jealous though. I still have to lose the extra 20 pounds I already had before I ever got pregnant.
  • Sophia now weighs 11lbs 15 oz. - so basically 12 pounds!
  • Sophia has been sleeping for 5-6 hours each night last week, and on Sunday she even went for 7 hours.
  • It's gotten cold in Ohio. We already had our first snow and ice.
  • I took out the Christmas decoration and put in a Christmas CD.
  • I made a Pumpkin soup.
  • Life has gotten even better than it was before!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

So glad that things are going well for you guys!!

Angie said...

Each month, for the first several months after giving birth, gets better. You get more energy, you get less emotional, and you grow in your confidence of mothering. I felt the same way you did when Evelynn was 2 months old, but I'm amazed at how much better I feel now compared to then. It always makes me feel grateful for the good times when life is just easier.

Marie M. said...

I'm so glad to read this Franziska. I'm happy for you three!

Quinn said...

Wtg on losing the pregnancy weight. Keep nursing and I bet the rest melts away too. It makes me happy to know you are so happy.