Thursday, May 8, 2008

Here she comes...



So,it's out...Here is a picture of the little girl coming our way. Today I had my second ultra sound, and I was quite happy to find out that a)there IS a baby in there b) the baby is alive c)all body parts seems to be present and healthy and d)I was right -it's a girl.

I had a dream shortly after we got married where I woke up and knew that our first child will be a girl and what her name would be. Luckily, Henry liked the name and felt it was a good choice, and today I was glad to see my strong feeling that it would be a girl was right. Smart me. Hahaha...

We're really excited, but since the pregnancy has been pretty easy so far, it hasn't changed our lives much. I had no morning sickness at all other than 1 week of bad nausea, and 2-3 weeks of slight nausea (no throwing up though). I lost about 8 pounds the first trimester and have only put about 2 lbs back on so far. I've had no aches, no incessant toilet urges, no funny cravings, and no weird sensitivity to smells. Ok, granted, after I had the stomach flu, I wasn't really into any foods for about a week, especially not chili since that was what I kept barfing up all day long, and only 2-3 particular things sounded "ok". But other than that...it's been so easy that I wasn't sure if I'm really pregnant.

So, what else do you need to know:
  • it's a girl
  • she's about 11 ounces so far
  • due date is October 1
  • we've already got a jogging stroller, boppy pillow, a bath tub and a baby bjoern carrier

I guess that's all I care to share so far. And as a side note: gifts are welcome if you feel inclined, but constant baby/pregnancy talk nor all that "good advice" is not. Just a comment for those of you who were just getting ready to tell me what I should/shouldn't do, or tell me all those things I NEED to know, or...you get the idea. If I DO want to talk about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding or the like, I'm sure to bring it up.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!
I truly hope that your pregnancy continues to be as uneventful as it has been. Either way...the end result is so fun...I can't wait!

DL said...

Congratulations Fran!
And I promise not to give you any pregnancy advice. :)

Deanna said...

Yay for baby girl Patterson! I'm excited for you guys and hope the pregnancy continues to be free of all the annoying stuff!

Henry said...

As of tonight we have a car seat as well. Woo hoo! Oh, Fran I'll try not to give you pregnancy advice either. I liked David's comment.

H