- Fran and Henry had their 2-year Wedding Anniversary last month! I'm so glad to be married to the best person in the world. We didn't do anything special. We just went out to eat at an Indian restaurant and ordered whatever our hearts desired (we agreed to ignore costs), and then rented "I am Legend".
- Henry is almost done with his first year of optometry.
- Fran is dreaming about all the things she'll eat in Germany in a few weeks. Mainly, I'm dreaming about this really awesome feta cheese they sell in a particular shopping center in Hamburg. Hmmmmmm...feta, and Brot, and cheese, and yogurt, and...Schokomuesli.
- Spring has come to Ohio, and we love it. Everything is green, and full of color. People are out and about, especially in our apartment complex you finally see your neighbors again, and get to chat. We really love the peaceful, communal feeling here.
- Our tomato plants are growing as well as our cucumbers, and I'm excited to get them ready to be outside and "bear fruit" (in a few months)
- May 30th! Henry has his white coat ceremony. This is also my big day. I'll give my 2-weeks notice at my current job, another day care. I cannot wait to be done!!!!!!!!!!! My new job managed to really upset me today, when I decided to not bother our director on a Sunday with having to call in sick (I have to call in the night before if I get sick...go figure). So, I just came in sick, and told her right away, so they could get me out asap. Well, after I said "I'm sick", she pretty much cut me off, told me two other teachers called in sick and there is no way for me to go home, and that was it. Then they left me alone all day with 5 babies who, of course, had to be screaming their lungs out none-stop that very day. I think two had ear infections, and one screams all the time anyway. I was on the verge of tears half of the day because it was so horrible, and then I got really mad when I realized they totally could have worked it out to send me home, but didn't because it would have meant that the director or assistant director would have had to help in one of the classes. Thanks guys. I feel so appreciated. Then, when I left and said I'm really sick, and I don't think I should come in tomorrow the director again gave me a hard time, asking if there was no way I could come in, and if I can't go to the doctor, and that I need to call her tonight to tell her how I am...urghhhhh....I CANNOT WAIT TO QUIT! Daycare is nothing but slavery. That's just how it is.
- I've joined www.goodreads.com. and love it. Every since I did, I've hardly watched any movies any more (and we don't watch TV anyway). I just readreadread. I love seeing what my friends read, how they liked books etc. I keep adding from their reads to my "to-read" book list, then check a bunch of those books out, and then try to read them quickly so I can rate them, and then read some more. I'm sooo excited to be so focused on reading again. Thanks D for inviting me to goodreads.
- Speaking of books, currently I'm reading 'Empire' by Orson Scott Card. Henry got it from the library because our neighbors read it and liked it (I think). So, I thought I'd try something new. You want to know what I think? Check out my rating on goodreads. Well, I'll tell you here. I hated it. I think my IQ has already dropped by 10 points or so, and I'm not even done. I don't know if I'll finish it that's how lame I think it is. One of the worst books I've read in a while, for sure. Feel free to ask why if you're curious.
- I'm sick and need to sleep.
- Oh, I'm finally back in the saddle now that spring is coming. That's when it's not raining, or I'm sick. It's been fun, but the horse I ride went from docile to crazy over the winter. Last week he was pretty out of control and was rearing and all...urgh...
- Good Night.
Monday, May 5, 2008
The Latest News...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment