I realize I shouldn't have ill feelings towards another human being. But geeze, it sure is hard to not hate my former employer at "crappy daycare". I am sooooo glad I don't work there anymore, and really glad he ended my misery for me. But, the more I find out about him, the more I dislike him.
I have a new job at another daycare center, that's run a lot nicer...mainly because it's set up far more professional, where paperwork gets done when it needs to be done, and where they stick to state laws. Very nice. Still hard, still annoying work, but a lot better nonetheless. Funny thing is that the director of that daycare actually worked for my former jerk employer, and thus knows him well. When I started working there I found out more stuff about this charming jerk face. Here is all his dark and dirty secretes revealed for my personal pleasure of talking bad about this man.
He owned a daycare before with his wife, which however, he had to sell when he got divorced from his wife. Why did he get divorced? He got it on with a mother who had her child in his daycare. That alone disgusts me beyond anything. Obviously the happiness of children is not in HIS interest.
All he cares about is his stupid money. I found out from the director when his school got its first review of quality, and did poorly (mainly because he didn't invest a penny into providing the help etc that was needed to make things work properly) he started right away to look for a new director. It just bothers me because he is so devious. He never told the other director that she had to shapen up. And even if he would have told her, she couldn't have done a whole lot when he's pinching pennies left and right.
Then I found out that a new girl started as a lead teacher the Monday following me being fired. Once again, he had made sure he had someone ready to start before ever bothering to tell me that something wasn't right. And again, I'm just annoyed that even when he fired me he couldn't even tell me what I did wrong, and then pretended like it's been a problem for sooooooo long, and I just wouldn't change anything, so he had to let me go. Oh well, hard to change when you never tell anyone what's wrong.
He has a reputation for hiring any female that's attractive, regardless of her qualifications. When I heard that, and thought about the girls working at that daycare, and how the new director got her position, I believe it.
I also heard from my co-teacher at crappy daycare, that the owner is now once again rearranging the rooms, and is putting another 6 kids into what was my class room. That would pump the numbers from what should only be 12 maximum to 14 children. The best part of it though is that 11 of these children are under 18 months, making them infants by state law. Legally, 2 teachers can only have 12 max. and additionally there are limitations on how many kids you can cram in one room. So, those numbers are totally not legal. Does the owner care though? Nope. Why worry about that when there is $$$$$$$ to be made.
Overall, I think I'm just so thoroughly disgusted with this man because I think he's greedy, dishonest, deceiving, manipulative, and just immoral all over. He just disgusts me, and it's really hard to not want bad things happen to his business. I wish I could call up all the parents and tell them what a crappy place that daycare is. Well, I got a bit of that when parents of one child from my room called me and told me how mad they were that I got fired, and how they don't like the owner, and will in due time probably pull their kid out. Yipee!!!! I hope more people come to their senses. I mean, why have your kid in a class room where you pay 1000 bucks a month for your child to be there and then there aren't even any books or toys (except for about 5 totally destroyed books, a few puzzles, 1 doll, 4 rubber animals, and blocks the kids don't know how to use).
I hate that school, and will forever be glad that this part of work is OVER!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Franzi,
nachdem wir so lang nichts gehört haben von dir, waren wir schon in Sorge. Aber jetzt bin ich ganz erleichtert , dass du einen weiteren Job gefunden hast.
Wenn ich dass jetzt alles so richtig verstanden habe , dann ist dein ehmaloger Chef eh ein A.... gewesen und so kannst du es vielleicht jetzt als einen Segen sehen zumindest zu legalen Bedingungen arbeiten zu können und nicht mehr für diesen Alptraum arbeiten zu müssen.
Ich wünsch dir, dass es in der neuen Arbeit besser läuft.
LG
Julia
If they are breaking the law, why don't you report them? Their criminal activity is putting children at risk.
I am not anonymous, I just don't know what a URL is. Aliza Kroek thinks the criminal activity of the daycare should be reported.
Well written article.
Post a Comment