So, yesterday Henry took me to a STOMP concert. We had already listened/watched a clip of them on youtube at some point, and I really didn't like it so I was very apprehensive. My apprehension was also fed by the fact that I had to get up at 5.30am that morning, had been up and working all day, and had to get up just as early again today. I was not looking forward to this concert.
To make my review short: I hated it. Though the rhythm stuff and creativity as to what you can make cool sounds with was original and impressive, I found the show waaaayyyyyy too long, wayyyyy too loud, very repetitive, and most of all just NOT funny. I was so thoroughly annoyed by people laughing at what I considered circus clown humor - very predictable, and just not that clever. Urghhhhh...I was done with that show about 10-20 minutes into it. After that it was just silent suffering. I just can't believe people pay money for this! I also can't believe that people enjoy hearing endless banging sounds. That youtube clip was all I needed. Henry really enjoyed the show, but one thing is sure, I'll never attend another STOMP performance.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It wasn't really silent suffering. :) Thanks for coming along Lovey!
Henry
That's too bad you didn't enjoy it. Todd and I attended a show in Connecticut and absolutely loved it. I'm sure it probably didn't help that you are tired, stressed and have been through crap lately!
Post a Comment