I really need help. My lovely day-care teaching position requires me to have a lesson plan for each day. Not only that, but it has to cover certain areas such as language arts, cognitive development, motor skills, creative arts, self-help skills, social science, natural science and...music/movement. We have a monthly theme which is split up into smaller weekly themes. The monthly theme for November is "Community Helpers". Our weekly themes are "Firefighters", "Doctors", "Me and My Family" and "Police Officers".
I just can't think of stuff anymore. I don't know any books, I don't know any creative things, I dont know anything. So, if you know songs, books, crafts, anything going along with these themes, or Holidays around the World (next month) and they are easy to do/cheap and appropriate for 16 month old kids, LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have no ideas, don't worry. My imagination is exhausted, too. I just can't wait for the day that I don't have to work that job anymore.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think doing some dancing to world music from the library would be fun, or eating ethnic foods, or looking at pictures of ethnic places, or just going to the local indian restaurant. Maybe you can break out the african puppets and scare your little climber. Or, maybe you can make musical instruments, like drums with beans and paper plates and bang them around while listening to african music. Just some ideas.
henry
The kids don't really say anything do they? Maybe play duck duck goose but with firefighter hats. That sounds good to me.
Post a Comment