Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Driving me nuts

Sorry, I realize this may be offensive to my US audience. Just keep in mind that if you are a good, alert, none-cell phone talking driver who moves over to the right lane when going slower than others, who signals when making a move and turns off the signal when done, who slows down, leaves space and turns on lights in bad weather, and who knows how to handle traffic jams and busy exits/entrance (as in when and how to let people in etc.) and if you do not get in front of someone last minute, then going half the speed they were going forcing them to slam the breaks, then this post is not targeting you.

However, if you lack any of these essential qualities that I have determined to set apart the "good" driver from the "bad" driver, my wrath is upon you. :)

I'm just soooo fed up with how people drive. At first, I thought it was just Utah and the famous Utah road block etc. Though I have seen better driving in different parts of the USA, today I decided it's still all crummy. I go crazy driving here almost every day. People don't move over, don't signal properly, don't leave space, do dumb things while talking on their cell phones, etc etc. I could go on forever. It really drives me nuts. Granted, I'm guilty of the one or other thing at times as well, and certainly have talked on my cell-phone occasionally while driving. But, I can say that I usually tried to keep it brief because I know how much it affects your driving. After I got hit as a pedestrian twice by drivers talking on their cell-phones who I had made eye-contact with, I'm even more convinced that people really can't talk and drive well at the same time, and I have made it a point to not be part of that crowd. Now, it's even easier not having a cell-phone anymore. Hahahaha...

Anyway, now that I've vented, let me tell you "Thanks" if you belong to the "good" crowed, and feel invited to "repent" of your "evil" driving ways, if you don't measure up to my driving standards.

Of course, at the end of the day I really don't care...but when I drive I really go crazy with how people drive. I wish I could take the train or a bus. Sigh...

2 comments:

Henry said...

I am confident of my supreme driving skills I learned in Portugal. I drive on sidewalks, fly down alleyways and challenge pedestrians for the right of way--they always lose.

Henry

Deanna said...

Henry, Todd learned some of those "great" driving skills in Portugal as well.

I, myself, have a lot of the same frustrations as you, Franzi! One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't use the darn blinker that their car is so graciously equipped with. I'm one of those people who will use my signal even at 2 a.m. with not another single car on the road. I can't stand people going slow in the "fast" lane. So far it hasn't been too bad in Iowa. Let me just say that Connecticut and New York are crazy. I consider it as a miracle that we weren't run off the road while we were there.