At work the other day, a girl mentioned that they feel bad they haven't invited me yet to come have a drink with them. Then she laughed and said "Well, maybe that's good. Someone mentioned you're from Germany, and I figured you'd probably drink us to the ground." What a lovely face I got to see when I told her I don't drink at all.
But really, those incidents are just not as funny to me as the only two times I ever got pulled over in Europe while driving. Both times, I got pulled over for drunk driving. Of course, I had not had as much as a whiff of alcohol. They just thought I was driving a bit strange, and pulled me over asking me I had too much too drink. I just can't help but think it's too ironic to be from THE beer drinking nation, but not drink at all myself, and then get pulled over for drunk driving. Ha!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Fran, you crack me up. I was reading your posts about lala land, aging, non-alcoholic German....thanks to Henry's link I found out you have a blog. I think we know what to get you for your birthday. I'll be frequenting this site!!
OK, so weren't you mentioning a while back about being a GOOD driver? What exactly were you doing for them to think you were driving drunk? That's really funny to me.
Well, for my own defense, the one time I got pulled over for "drunk driving" was when I was driving in England on the "wrong" side of the street. The other time, I was just driving around the corner from our house to get gas before Sunday. I guess they thought I was swerving a bit. I think they were just bored. Obviously, I'm an AMAZING driver :)!!!
Fran I got pulled over for drunk driving too - on the way to a church dance. Nice!
Post a Comment