Thursday, September 29, 2016

Beau & Belle Littles Reusable Swim Diapers

This week I got to test out these adorable swim diapers. Since Minna has basically outgrown the other pair of reusable swim diapers we had, I was excited to get my hands on these cute one, and almost for free in return for a honest review. 

Well, I'm having mixed feelings. Interacting with the company was a real pleasure. So approachable, friendly, and eager to do a great job. I wanted to give them a glowing review. Unfortunately, there were a few draw backs for me with these swim diapers. Good stuff first though! First of all, I should say that these diapers are really well made. I stretched them, and pulled them, tested each button, checked all the seams, and they really look, feel and hold up to a well made diaper. Yay! I love good quality. The design is cute. I love the soft green. I'm a fan of adjustable sizes. And eco-friendly products. The love of the company is in the small details, such as the care tag that includes a funny little "for worst results" idea.

 The disappointing parts came when I actually put the swim diapers on Minna. They were advertised for weight 5-36 lbs. With Minna being 16 months old, but only weighing 21 lbs, and being 29 inches tall, I figured these will work for a while. However, at the biggest setting they were already a bit tight. Now, I think tight is good when it comes to baby swim diapers. I don't want leakage. But, I just cannot see how we could use these up to 36 lbs, without them starting to cut quite a bit into her legs and waist. The other issue that I was worried about was that the swim diapers will not let any water through, and create a droopy bottom. In the past, I simply used adjustable cloth diaper covers as "swim diapers", and these swim diapers are basically just that. They are cloth diaper covers, with the addition of a mesh lining on the inside that makes these a little more suitable for naked bums, and still allows for easy clean up. Anyway, when I used cloth diaper covers in the past, they would catch all the water, and it would pool in the bottom, pulling down the diaper a bit, and creating a droopy swim diaper. I didn't like that, and it's what pushed me into buying "real" reusable swim diapers. I'm a bit disappointed to be back to the droopy bottom. :(

The last issue I encountered that was more of a personal disappointment was that I had hoped for something that has a bit absorbency in the lining. I often put the swim diapers on at the house, before I jet to the pool with the kids. And for those few minutes of sitting in a car seat with a swim diaper, I like something that catches a bit of liquid. So, to me that was a bit of a let down, but it's not a real issue. If you should for hygiene, the design of Beau & Belle Littles Swim Diapers is definitely better! I gave the diapers a 3-star rating on Amazon. Which made me a little sad. They really are well-made diapers. The size being an issue, however, was a big draw back, and the droopy bottom didn't help.

No comments: