Sunday, September 23, 2012

On Turning 4

In the last few days/weeks we've talked with Sophia about her up-coming birthday. She's usually all about parties, and birthdays, and keeps telling us that she's a big girl (she gets really frustrated when we call her little, like "little bean" or something, because she is BIG!!!). It seemed that she was excited at some point about turning 4. But in the last few weeks, she made it clear that she didn't want to turn 4 and that she wanted to stay 3. Well...

Last night, I told her that she needed to go to bed so she'd be ready for her birthday party the next day (we had her party today, one week early, so her beloved cousin could attend). When I told her, she burst into tears and was just so distraught at the thought of having to turn 4. Geeze kid, if 4 makes you cry, wait till you turn 40!

I had to reassure her that she wasn't actually turning 4 tomorrow, and that we were just having a party. That seemed to appease her, and I think the party was a full success today. Everyone had tons of fun, and Henry and I were as exhausted as you should be after a good party. I think when Sophia's birthday is actually happening next week, we'll just give her some presents and not mention the fact that now she's 4, whether she likes it or not.

Here are some pics of the party...

















1 comment:

Kari said...

I love Sophia's glasses. Too cute. And birthday parties are so much work. I just did a little birthday lunch for Avery and it ended up being way more work than I thought. Looks like you guys had fun!