I'm excited for this little girl to join us. I just wish Henry and I could agree on a name. I've searched far and wide for the "perfect" name, but just keep coming back to the same name, which isn't as unique as I'd like it to be, but I feel like it fits. Henry isn't 100% on board yet, so we'll see what happens. If you're curious what the name may be, well...I'm not sure if I want to tell yet.
Other than the name issue though, things are going well. I've gained 12 lbs, still have 7.5 weeks to go, feeling very tired this pregnancy, and I've had pretty bad pelvic pains since week 25 or so, but other than that things are great. We're still trying to figure out whether we're really doing a home birth with midwives or using the hospital here. I love the idea of just doing it at home, but am terrified of possible complications. Hopefully we can feel sure about our decision once we make one. I don't want to mess anything up, and make a bad choice....
Here's a picture of little sister:
And a few more pictures and videos of Alba and Sophia...
3 comments:
Hey Fran,
I was too scared to have a home birth, but here in Switzerland I know a couple of women who had the courage. I'm totally impressed with what they tell about their experience. Here's a blog of one of them with a birth story to read:
http://romyday.blogspot.ch/
Maybe you want to read that ;-)
I imagine you would be a woman for a home birth, strong, curageous, full of love!
Good luck, Sabine
It's a tough choice. It's too bad you guys are too far away for a birthday center. I thought it was a happy medium.
I do think a birth center is a very happy medium. I think if we lived closer to a quality hospital, I wouldn't think about this twice. But we still have a good 20 minute drive to the closest hospital, and I would barely call that place a hospital.
I think if this was, let's say, Columbus again, and I could do a home birth with midwives in our Gold Pointe apartments - I'd totally do it. I mean, even when things go bad, you're so close to a hospital that it would have to be such a horrible complication that bad stuff would have happened no matter what.
The comforting thing about the midwives is that they do bring all kinds of emergency equipment - they have stuff to deal with hemorrhaging, they've got oxygen, they're trained in neonatal resuscitation, got stuff for suturing, etc. So, it's not like a complete gamble, but still.
Today, I'm planning to shoot another email to the midwife and grill her some more about the exact complications she's encountered and how she's dealt with them. Then I'll grill my doctor out here to get a better feel for what the hospital is equipped to handle in terms of complications and problems. And how long it might take if I need to be flown out etc.
Then I'll ponder all the info I have, probably pray about it, too - and hope that we can make a good decision.
Post a Comment