The following stuff will be a collection over time of the funny little things the kiddos say and do. I often post them on facebook, and have decided to now add them on my blog as well, so I don't forget them. Maybe you'll enjoy some of them as well...
Henry:"Ok, Sophia, we have 5 minutes to get you into bed." Sophia:"I don't have time right now."
I'm getting the mail. Sophia asks:"Und war da irgendwelche Post, Mama?" Ich:"Ja, ein Brief fuer mich." Sophia:"Ach, schon wieder keine Post fuer mich und Alba."
Me:"Sophia, what do you want for breakfast?" Sophia:"Tortellini." Me:" We only have tortellini for lunch or dinner." Sophia:"Ok, can I have lunch now?"
FHE highlights: We talked about the story of
the lost sheep. For a game, Henry hid a little sheep and had the kids
find it. Then Sophia was supposed to hide the sheep for me to find.
While hiding it, she's explaining how she'll hide it under the blankets.
Then when I opened my eyes, she pointed straight to where she hid the
sheep. So, Henry tells her to not tell people where she hid something
when you play hide and seek. Then she looks at me and says:" Mom, don't
look under the blankets." Ha - so funny.
Sophia bit Alba and had to sit in time-out. Alba promptly sat down next to her, and sat with her for the whole time-out.
Sophia during her dinner prayer, after
thanking for pretty much everything on her plate, the table, the house,
and the neighborhood, and also her family:" Was kann ich noch sagen?"
(What else can I say?). Henry:" Danke fuer Mama und Alba." (Thanks for
Mom and Alba). Sophia:"Ich habe doch schon meine Familie gesagt" (I
already mentioned my family). Yeah Dad. She did. You should listen...and
not assume that Sophia may not know that family covers people like Alba
and me. Haha...
Anyway, today as I was driving Sophia to
school, and being stuck in the traffic again (for no good reason), and
thinking lots of curse words in my head at the people responsible for
this inefficient traffic/construction arrangement, Sophia looked out the
window and said:"Look mom, they're fixing the road. Why don't you roll
down the window and say thank-you."
Sophia:" Mt. Shasta - I love you!"
Sophia:" Look Papa - I can already lick my armpit!"
Sophia:" I want to find out how much I cost..." (and walks to the bathroom to step on the scale!).
Alba was playing with a little doll today.
Henry reported that she put the doll into the cupboard under the
bathroom sink, and then opened the door on the doll to say "peekabo".
Haha.
Today Sophia excitedly showed me the teensy
little hairs on her arms. And then she told me how they'll keep growing
and she'll look like daddy. She was very happy about those prospects.
FHE highlights: Me:"We're trying to be like
Jesus." Sophia:"I don't want to be like Jesus." Me:"Ok, who do you want
to be like?" Sophia:"I want to be like me."
Talking about baptism. Sophia:" Baptism is good. You get all your worms washed away." ???????
Sophia:" Why did you make another baby in the temple?" (?????? Kid, what are they teaching you in primary?????)
This morning,while I was playing with the
girls, they decided to have a chat with their little sister in utero.
So, Sophia put her mouth right by my belly and started telling her
stuff. Then Alba whipped in, yelled something in her baby gibberish at
my belly, and move back again. They took turns like that, and then baby
started moving around - she rarely moves.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those girls! They are witty ! I like that. You must have fun...?
Post a Comment