Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Too Fast

My girls are growing up too fast. That's what. Sophia turned 3 three weeks ago. She's already so big. Last night when I carried her to her bed, I noticed how her legs were dangling by my knees, even though I had her scooped up in my arms. She's so full of smiles, hugs, and lots of funny and interesting things to say. She seems to enjoy life so thoroughly. She loves to sing, and jump into puddles, eat candy, or read books. She is organizes her beads every day into different bowls by size, and then lines up the bowls. Her imagination is taking off. She loves to draw, and color, and call people on the phone or skype. She really loves people.

I love having Sophia in my life. I wish I was a better mom to her many times - more patient. She deserves patience, because she's incredibly patient with me. :(

And Alba, our little curly haired, chubby-legged baby - is basically crawling. She suddenly started pushing herself up, and trying to crawl in just the last few days. She can sit up from a crawling position. She's also got 4 teeth already, and I think 2 more are coming in. She gobbles down whatever we feed her. She seems to love music. The other day when we were singing or something, Henry picked Alba up and held her so she could stand on her feet, and...she totally started dancing. Seriously dancing. At 7 months. It was so cute. She starts kicking and smiling when she hears a beat/music. She also loves to laugh, especially when you tickle her. She seems to be a bit of a night owl, like mama. Being alone isn't her thing. She gets kind of whiny during the day if I put her down anywhere alone. Unless her tummy is really full, and she just napped. Then she's ok for a little while. Did I also mention that she hates being put in her car seat? She's arched her back so rigorously a few times that she managed to lay in car seat but having only her feet and head touch the plastic...kind of like planking in the air above the seat or something. She's already wearing a lot of her 9-12 months size clothes - at 7 months.

It's just all going too fast. Sometimes those two drive me crazy. Like today when Sophia decided to use lotion on the carpet and pretend it was playdoh (why on earth she thought that playdoh on the carpet would be ok, I don't know...). Or when Alba just cries and I can't figure out why, and it's just getting old. But then I still have to snuck in at night a few times to check on them, even though I was glad to finally have them down for the night at 6.30pm. I just love my girls. It's all so much more fun with them.

Getting ready to blow out candles and open presents
This year we changed the traditional birthday breakfast of waffles and strawberries to crepes with nutella , strawberries and cream. So delicious it makes you want to have a birthday every day...
For Sophia's birthday party, we took her and her friends to "World of Bounce". That's her going down this crazy fast slide. The rest of the birthday party pictures were taken by my friend, and I don't have them yet.  In case you wondered.
Sophia blowing bubbles at Alba - she really loved it.
One morning, this is how I found my girls...This made me so happy!
OCD evidence A
Evidence B
Evidence C
Blphlhhhlbbhlphhh
 
P.S. Did I mention that I ran a marathon on Sunday? Yeah. It took me 5 hours 20 minutes. I'm pretty proud that I reached that goal, and that I did this, but at the same time, I'm a little disappointed with my time now. I was feeling pretty good again on Monday, and so now I wonder if I didn't push myself hard enough and could have gone faster. But I started feeling barfy around mile 20 or so and didn't feel like pushing. Eh, anyway. I did it. I ran a marathon. :)

5 comments:

Meike said...

achh.. ich vermisse euch!!!!!!

Kari said...

I love Alba's hair!!

Maren said...

I love it Fran. Thanks for the update. I realized when I read this that I haven't mailed Sophia's bday gift yet! I'll get right on that.

Maren

Marie M. said...

Congratulations! You're a winner to me: running a marathon is huge. The OCD evidences made me smile. I think she simply has a mind for order and a need for visual expression. If she gets upset and distraught when things seem out of order, then she's probably a little OCD, just like us... I enjoy your posts!

Marie M. said...

Love your posts!