Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Girls

My two little girls really make me smile (when they don't make me rip out my hair)... :)

Where to start. Alba is cute as ever. Did I mention that she also already has her two bottom teeth in (those came in about 2 months ago). Henry thinks she likes music, and I think he may be right. Today, while we listened to some German children's music on youtube she was kicking her legs to the rhythm of the music. Later on she was happily rolling through the hallway with a rattle I had given her. She rarely is that content by herself. And she likes to hug/cuddle me, which I love! Ahhh, my little  Alba truly is a sunrise - at least to me. Luckily, she's also finally started to sleep better again in the last 2-3 nights. Actually, the other day, I think she slept a whole 12 hours through. So nice.

Sophia's sleeping patterns have been a little crazy ever since we potty-trained her. Sometimes she'll just wake up and quietly sneak into bed with us in the middle of the night. And sometimes, she'll suddenly wake up crying. We've decided that her walking around at night is probably because she needs to go potty, but she doesn't realize it. So, we've tried to just sit her down on the potty when she wakes up, but that usually doesn't happen without a lot of screaming and fighting on her behalf. So strange.

Today, Sophia had soccer again, and I went along to watch. It was so cute to watch her. At one point they were supposed to hold the ball behind their heads, and then throw it. But Sophia would consistently just hold it behind her head and then just drop it, instead of trying to throw it. It was so funny. Then they were supposed to dribble the ball to the goal. Sophia would dribble along, and keep making her way towards the goal, and then suddenly stop, and investigate the flowers in the grass. Pee Wee Soccer is the best.

Other than that Sophia brightens our days with her sweet, funny personality. She's started trying to read a little, and she's always full of talk, songs, and all kinds of ideas. I love how sweet and kind she is to everyone. She usually listens well to us, cleans up her dishes after she's eaten, is always happy to help me or comfort Alba, or otherwise try to make anyone feel better who seems sad. Today, I took her to the movies for the first time to watch "The Lion King" and she was almost in tears when Simba cried about his dad. Then she was concerned for a long time that Simba wasn't going back home to his Papa.

Well, anyway, I'm just rambling. I just love my two little girls. It's so fun to see them grow, and enjoy each other, and enjoy life. Sometimes they drive me a bit crazy - like when I saw Sophia wrapped in a towel in the bathroom, dumping water into our not inexpensive humidifier which I think ruined it. Or when I've just gotten Alba dressed, and we need to run out the door and she chooses that moment to have a blow out poopy diaper even though she hasn't pooped in days. How do they time things like that?

But really, I wouldn't trade this time with them in for anything. I love you, my girls!

No comments: