- Famine in Somalia causing lots of deaths, in particular children - it really bothers me because I don't even have to think about water/food or my kids starving. I can waste food as I see fit, and no one will look at me twice for it. And someone else has to bury their kids because they don't have water. Seems a little unfair.
- Horrible horrible shooting in Norway. Just horrible. The reason: fear of immigrants. The shooter was a right-wing extremist, and went on a major shooting spree on an isle with youth who were there for a political camp (trying to engage in the political process - aka being productive!). Crazy. And such a tragedy.
- My grandpa died. Ok, he was 96 and so, ya know...it's ok. But still.
- My little nephew was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. :(
- Sophia scared the crap out of me when she ran into the pool without any of her floating devices, in full faith that she could swim. She totally went under, and I was running to pull her out. All was well (she promptly apologized when I pulled her out), but seeing her face stare up at me from under the water haunted me for days.
- We're trying to get Henry out to Portland to look at practices, and everything is costing so much more than I thought - flights, car rental, etc. Urgh. I hate having to worry about money. Why doesn't it grow on trees. So lame.
- Speaking of money, the US government still hasn't been able to come to a conclusion on their debt problems. Geeze. How is this possible? How, I ask? Even Italy has done better.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Week of Suck
So, I've decided to declare this week a sucky one. Here's why in no particular order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love Sophie's hats. She is adorable.
So sorry about your grandpa and especially your nephew. That is hard news.
I hate reading the news in this world. I get so sad and sometimes frustrated. It seems to be bad times lately, but it is good to remember that there are good times too. Hope things look up for you this week.
Thanks Laura.
I love Sophia's hats as well. What I particularly love though is that SHE loves them so much. It usually her picking them out, and insisting on wearing them. She just loves to wear hats - won't keep a hair clip in her hair, but she will wear a hat any time. Even if it's a winter hat in the middle of the summer. :)
Sophia is so into her play: love it. Your girls look like fun. And the swimming pool thing..Teva almost drowned when we came here, I think we are still more traumatized than he was. This is good though: it keeps us on our toes.
Adorable pics! I hope all of Henry's traveling works out and goes well. I'm sorry about your grandpa and nephew. Death and illness are some of the hardest things in this life to deal with. Our prayers are with you and your family. Keep the cute pictures coming!
Post a Comment