I've been reading the "Mormon Women Project" website today. If you haven't looked at it, you should. It's truly inspirational and uplifting. It was a great thing to read today. Our RS lesson today made me want to barf. But, reading these amazing stories of real, whole women and their relationship with God, really touched me.
I can only say what I realized a few weeks ago. I need to learn to love others, and accept that they are maybe somewhere else than me spiritually. It kind of makes me crazy to hear a lot of the black-and-white thinking that goes on in Church, and especially to hear some of the ideas that just make no sense to me or are contradictory in themselves. It drives me nuts. But, I humbly admit that it was only due to recent developments that I have noticed those things, or that I've dug a little deeper into some aspects of the gospel. With all the crazy-making going on for me right now though, I truly love how much more compelled I feel to study, pray and think about the gospel. To truly assess what I know to be true and what I truly believe. To rely on the spirit more completely than ever, and to live and teach based on my personal relationship with God.
It's like a spiritual revival. I like it. But, I still have to learn to deal with some of the things I hear in Church. And that's why I rant in other places. I try to not explode in Church, because I shouldn't. But, then I feel like if I don't "explode" somewhere, I'll go crazy. Makes sense, right?
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Found your blog via FMH. Need to brag a little...I teach RS and when I saw yet another lesson on Eternal Marriage I panicked! How oh how could I approach it! After much unorthodox prayer, I found a way to make it work and actually had 2 divorced and one single sister come up afterward and thank me! Boy that does a heart good!
the single said she almost didnt come after seeing what the subject was, but knew I was teaching so took a chance : )
anyway! I'm excited to follow your blog! and I also continue to truly assess cathy
Post a Comment