Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ohio State Fair

After my little 11-mile run today, I wasn't worn out enough yet, so we went to the Ohio State Fair. I'll admit that I haven't quite grasped the vision of State Fairs yet. I don't really care about seeing all the funky art and farm animals. The rides are usually not that great, and the food - well. If you're into grease and fat, it's ok. But it usually holds little appeal for me as well. However, we had free tickets, and I figured Sophia would enjoy it. We had a pretty good time, eating ice cream, frozen chocolate-dipped Cheesecake Factory cheese cake, and a less than impressive chicken gyro. We let Sophia ride on three rides, saw a bunch of cool animals, milked a cow, and watched a little dog show/competition. It was fun. Last but not least, Henry had to check out the little NASA stand with Sophia and Alba while I hunted down some more nasty fair food.

It was a fun time, and we only lost Sophia once for a few seconds, after which she had to remain strapped into the stroller (she silently hopped out of the stroller to run over to a merry-go-round close by while Henry was buying tickets. We didn't even notice until I leaned down to ask Sophia if she wanted to go down a giant slide, and saw the seat empty. Total panicky feeling when I started looking around and couldn't see my child anywhere. She came skipping back a few moments later. Phhhhewww...)

Anyway, here are the first pictures. :)

FHE - We talked about Christ being our Rock, and then painted rocks

Who needs clothes when you have Walmart?

Our little Bell(e)!

At the State Fair

Henry's been wanting to milk a real cow for years. Now he finally had a chance at the Fair. Why Sophia needed to wear sunglasses for this, I do not know...

Sophia riding the Bug ride at the Fair - hands free, too!
The Pattersons in Outer Space (the Fair)

5 comments:

Sarah and Troy said...

I'm glad Henry milked a cow. It's kind of a dream of mine as well.

Franziska Patterson said...

It was really quite easy. Just a bit of pressure placed on the right spots...kind of like nursing. :)

Anyway, you can try it at the State Fair. If you come, we'll give you our extra 2 tickets.

Sarah and Troy said...

It's too bad we won't be there until some time during Christmas break or I'd take you up on that :)

Kari said...

I don't really get fairs either... looks like you had fun though!

Henry said...

I don't get the grease... actually I do. It's the best way to ensure that all the nasty stuff off of all those cockroaches legs gets cooked before you eat it. Yum!

Would you like deep fried gummi worms?