Tuesday, April 12, 2011

6 Weeks Later

  1. Alba weighs almost 12 lbs.
  2. Alba has started usually sleeping a good 6 hours in a row at night (from about 10pm till 4am) and then another stretch of 3-4 hours. It's really nice.
  3. Alba has stopped spitting up like crazy, but she still has pretty bad baby acne. It's gotten a bit better though since I started wiping her face with a warm wash cloth several times a day. Or maybe it has helped to cut out dairy. Who knows...
  4. Alba is still our little cuddle bug who loves to be held, and still sleeps most of the day.
  5. Alba has started cooing and smiling at us, and tries to copy our movements and/or sounds. I love how intently she'll watch us.
  6. Alba has also started going to sleep on her own more. It's nice when I can just put her down, all swaddled up, at night while she's still awake and she'll fall asleep (without crying!). 
  7. Alba seems to be more of a laid-back personality and happy personality - as long as she's asleep or being held that is. Ok, occasionally she seems to be fine to just sit/lay around and watch things unfold before her eyes.
  8. We're still a happy family (except when it's the middle of the night and both Sophi AND Alba start crying at the same time - really girls???). Sophia loves Alba, and is constantly giving her kisses, hugs, and will try and give her her pacifier if she's sad, or sing her songs if I ask her to. 
  9. I've started working out again. I went for my first run yesterday, and it felt so good to be running again. My goal is to train for a marathon this year. We'll see how it goes.
  10. We've settled into being a family of four, I think - and we love it.
P.S. Even though I thought Alba is not a name lending itself to nicknames, she ended up with one nonetheless. Sophia came up with it, and now we've all kind of started calling her by that nickname - Albi. 

    2 comments:

    Henry said...

    I love it too.

    Henry said...

    Hah hah. Albi is so close to Aldi (I knew you loved Aldi so much).

    H