it's always nice to have a light break. And so it was nice to look at all the beautiful pictures my friend Danelle took of our little Alba. Somehow I'm lucky to always have a friend around with great photography skills.
Anyway, today wasn't a great day. Alba has definitely "woken up", or rather, she's seems to not go back to sleep. At least that's what was going on last night. And I just don't do well with little sleep. She definitely seems to want to be held when she's awake, which is something I generally don't mind, but I can't hold her all night long. Last night it seemed like no matter what I tried, she'd wake up the second I layed down, and then would just cry unless she was being held. So, there was a lot of crying at night, and a really tired and frustrated Fran in the morning...Then Sophia decided to wake bright and early, with crying as well (something she basically NEVER does). Needless to say Sophia was not greeted by a happy and patient mom. Anyway, to make a long story short - today was simply rough. I was really tired, and really grumpy, and therefore pretty impatient with both of my kids. Sophia watched movies for probably 2 hours while I tried to catch up on some sleep (thank Heavens that I do have a daughter who will behave and watch a movie, while I snooze...). At some point I had Sophia put me in time-out. I didn't get anything done or did anything fun with my daughters. Alba keeps getting these random, violent spit-ups where spit-up comes gushing out of her mouth AND nostrils, and usually is aimed well enough to not only cover me in it, but have it run down my cleavage. And if I'm not covered in spit-up, then I'm leaking milk like crazy to the point where I think I should just have a little bucket under my breasts to catch all the milk - it's so much. Anyway, you get the idea. I felt really distraught by the end of the day because I felt like such a crappy mom. It's hard to feel good about yourself, when you reek of rotten milk, look dead-beat, have no nice clothes to wear, haven't done anything with your kids that makes your home better than daycare, when you're tired, and lastly cramping and bleeding. Seriously - being a mom is not for whimps. :(
But then Henry came home early, and we all went for a family walk in beautiful weather, and I got those nice pictures to look at. So, at least the day ended well. Enjoy the pictures!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
those are beautiful pictures. I am sorry today was rough. As a mother of three I know those days. Remember, this too will pass. The beginning is rough because everything is unpredictable. Today was rough and tomorrow could be awesome or way worse. You can't predict. Soon however it will become very predictable and easy. Hang in there. Glad you got out for a walk. That always helps me too. Good husband to take you out.
"Motherhood is not for wimps," I love it! How true. It's the hardest best job a woman could ever have. Here's hoping for the coming day to be more on the best side, and less on the hard.
The pictures are sooo adorable!
Love the pictures! We all have "crappy mom" days. Hope today is better!!
Love the pics. Thanks for sharing them with us. Hope today is better. :)
Oh wow, those pics really are beautiful, they are treasures! She is so precious, so beautiful.
Well one good thing about the bad days is they make the good days feel even better. I think you are an amazing mother Franny, I hope you don't let bad days make you feel otherwise.
Wow. Those are beautiful pictures. I love them. Thank you.
And I am sorry you had a horrible day. I love what my friend older than I am told me. The kids usually forget most of the bad and recall the good times when they are older. Right now, I don't feel or remember almost any of my mean mom moments. And you weren't even mean.
You are so much better than you think. Please go get a new outfit. You deserve it.
Love the pictures!!
I'm glad today was better. We've all had these days. Don't be too harsh on yourself.
You're so right about motherhood not being for wimps. I'm getting to be so done with this pregnancy cause it's so tough...then I remember that caring for a newborn is also so tough...but in a different way. Argh!
I hope Alba gets back to her good night-sleep habits soon! That 2 1/2-3 week awakening time is always a little bit rough. I remember that's when I started wearing Evelynn in a sling.
Post a Comment