Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bottom 11 of 2011

Here's a list of the 11 bad things already happening this year in no particular order:

  1. I can't really go running anymore. My body has decided it's time to 'slow' down.
  2. I got out my nursing bras from a few years ago, just to notice they were all broken. When I tried to order new ones online, I had to find out that there was nothing available in my size, since I'm not as fat as last time, but still as big-busted. Sweet. Ok, I admit there were a few 'rocket-boob-bra' options, but really? Aren't we way past that style?
  3. Since Henry, by no fault of his own, couldn't start seeing patients right away at his current rotation, the lady in charge of him now doesn't really want to give him off his 3 days he's entitled to during the quarter, which he saved for when the baby comes. Lame!
  4. The TSA still exists, along with all their retarded security measures. Blehblehbleh!
  5. My Nutella jar is empty.
  6. My aunt passed away New Year's Day. I'm glad for her to be relieved after fighting cancer, but I wish I could have seen her one more time. She was a great aunt.
  7. The cigarette smoke in our apartment is spreading, despite an air purifier and us duck-taping off any cracks. I now almost regularly lay down my head in a whiff of cigarette smoke (creeping up from our down-stair neighbors). 
  8. We didn't finish reading the Book of Mormon by the end of the year, as was the goal for our stake, and I don't even feel bad. I figured the blessings come from reading the scriptures, not cramming them in, within a certain time-frame. I therefore felt like the testimony scrooge on Sunday when I heard all the testimonies about having finished the BoM by the end of the year.
  9. I still need two crowns, a potential root canal, and maybe surgery, and I have to wait till baby is born. Somehow it just stresses me out to have to take care of all that with a newborn.
  10. My blog must have died and gone to heaven. Or all my readers, since no one has really been commenting anymore. Have I gotten that boring?
  11. I found out that an old friend from BYU got cancer. She's only 30 and the mom of 3 little kids, so this makes me really sad that she has to fight this. Hopefully she'll beat it, and beat it good.

P.S. Don't worry though, folks. This won't be a trend. I just thought I'd make a list, too.

10 comments:

Henry said...

I still read it. And I'm commenting. So there.

I wish I could add more negatives, besides that I still have 8.5 weeks left at the VA. I'm just glad to be home with you and Sophia.

Henry

HeidiPie said...

I'm wishing I HAD a nutella jar. And my mom just left...sad sad sad ...and my house is a disaster on top of a disaster (although the laundry is mostly caught up, thanks mom) and my condo is still not sold. And...I hate cramming three kids in the back seat...and I'm sure there are more. But, truly thanks Fran for listening, I needed to vent. =)

I am Laura said...

#3 would make me so so so mad. I always need to know that Ben can have some time off when I am having a baby.

#10 seems to have happened on my blog lately. I think it is because I stopped reading blogs and writing comments. Maybe people are just using facebook more so they don't comment on blogs as much (that is my excuse)

#11 very sad. I hope she will be ok.

Hope your year starts getting better not worse. Keep your head up. At least you have a cute kid and a cute one on the way and your husband seems like a nice guy. My husband (who is a nice guy too --but I am going to rag on him anyway) has never commented on my blog (ok he did defend me one time). Makes me angry. I even tell him that I think he should and he doesn't.

Homesteading Urban Style said...

Im sorry that you have had some crappy things this year :(

Can you talk to the apartment complex about the smoke? Perhaps they would be willing to move you into a downstairs apartment? That would mean moving for you, but would also mean no move smoke moving upward.

I hope that Henry can get some time off so that he can be with you and your sweet babes. If there is anything that our family can do for you, please let us know :)

I am sorry for the loss of your aunt and I hope the best for your dear friend.

Heres to a better year for all!

Kari said...

Well, I guess it can only get better, right? There are some sad things on that list... better buy another jar of Nutella to make things at least a little bit better. (:

Franziska Patterson said...

Hahaha, you guys are all so sweet/funny. I think more Nutella is always good advice.

But, really things are fine. It's not like I'm sad or down or anything. I just wanted to make a list and complain about life's little nuisances. And well, some things on there are seriously sad - like my friend having to fight cancer. Crappy. That's all though. :) Life is good. I totally expect this year to be wonderful.

B.J. -thanks for offering help. Hopefully we'll be fine. And since we're planning on moving in June anyway, I think we'll (literally)just suck it up regarding the smoke. Luckily, it's still contained in 3 areas of our apartment (the stairway/entrance, kids' bathroom, and by our bed). So, it's still bearable. It just is annoying when I lay down at night, or when I first enter my kids' bathroom in the morning for diaper changes.

Laura, we'll excuse your hubby from not commenting because he seems to be working roughly 24/7 hours. Not something I can say for Henry, though he seems gone a lot, too.

I think the worst news on the list though, apart from sickness and death is the bra issue. We should talk about that. Can anyone tell me why there are still places designing bra's rocket-style (aka making your boobs pointy, like in the 50's??????). What's up with that? And who with a big bust would want to point their bust at anyone, like it's not standing out on its own??? Arghhh...While I realize that probably no one reading this can truly relate, let me just tell you not being able to find bra's in your size is pretty depressing. :(

KroekieMonsters said...

Have you tried Figleaves.com? It's been almost two years since I bought one, but it was the only place I could find a nursing bra for larger than a D cup, especially if one has more in front than in back.
Oh and I believe the pointy bras are called bullet bras - at least they were in the 50's, the first time they came around...

Homesteading Urban Style said...

You are moving????? Are you staying in Columbus?

Angie said...

I can relate to not finding my bra size, hardly ever, but with the opposite problem. I do NOT want to wear a training bra as an adult woman!

Franziska Patterson said...

Aliza, that figleave.com website isn't working for me. But, I did find another website that had one (1!!!) bra in my size. Oh yay. Those bullet bras should be forbidden. :)

BJ, yes we're hoping to move in June, out of state hopefully, but it all depends on when and where Henry finds either a practice to buy or a full-time position that suits us. We'll have to see.

Angie, I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of bras in your size. You just may not find them in a store. But then again, I really don't know anything about those tiny sizes, except that every brand seems to have a bra in size A.