Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nikolaus Came...

This year we did Nickolaus for the first time with Sophia. In case you don't know, that's St. Nick coming to fill your boot with sweets and little presents. I guess it's the equivalent of the stocking with the perk that he comes early, and already brings you a taste of Christmas. You put the boot out on the night of the 5th of December, and on the 6th it'll be magically filled. We prepped Sophia by helping her put her little boot on a plate in front of her bedroom door, and telling her that St. Nick will come at night and fill it up. We also sang "Lasst uns froh und munter sein" about 5 times for her bedtime song. Anyway, she was really excited about this whole idea of a shoe to be filled with goods - so much so that she woke up in the middle of the night. When I went in to see what was wrong she told me she was poopy. When I checked and told her that she wasn't, she asked if she could go look at her boot. Hahahaha...She's so funny.

Well, she loved her plate with chocolates, fruit and nuts, and also her 3 little gifts. Henry was lucky enough to also get a visit from St. Nick. I, however, wasn't visited by St. Nick but instead got awoken by a husband wondering if I could hem his pants real fast before he jets off to clinic. Sweet. I guess I've been a bad girl this year. :) Whatever. I know where St. Nick is hiding his chocolate stash. It's just been fun putting all of this together, surprising Henry, and seeing Sophia being all amazed at her filled boot, and talking about Nickolaus for a few days.  Here are some pics for you to enjoy.





2 comments:

Meike said...

ha ha.. absolut süss wie Sophia in der Nacht schon schauen will ob sie was bekommen hat. Sie hat das Prinzip schon genau erkannt.

HeidiPie said...

Cute, loving that she is so excited. I hope you get stuff in your boot next year.