Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lost

Yesterday, on our way to COSI, Sophia ran towards the doors, tripped, fell and started crying. When I ran to her, thinking she may have busted a lip or something, I found that everything was perfectly fine...except for this:

She managed to chip both of her front teeth. I was kind of distraught over it all day, even though I knew it wasn't really my fault. I just wish I could have somehow prevented it. And then I felt bad that she'd have funky teeth for years to come. Luckily, according to my bro-in-law this should be a pretty easy fix. I already called the pediatric dentist yesterday to schedule an appointment. So, hopefully all will be fine. And a day later, I've decided it doesn't look that bad anyway. Not like anything could change the fact that Sophia is the most adorable little Sophia I have!

And here is Sophia as a hamster. She had stuffed all the grapes I had given her for breakfast into her cheeks. Probably because she's already learned that if you're not quick enough with your food, especially grapes, daddy will eat it. The picture taking of it didn't thrill her though.

Lastly, we took Sophia to 'Boo at the Zoo' today. It was really fun seeing her buzz off to get candy (she dressed up as a 'Wilde Hummel' aka bumble bee). We had to laugh when she started just running around with her open bag saying 'trick or treat' and expecting that candy would be dropped into her bag. And, the best was probably her chasing down the 2 different kids dressed up as Elmo. With the first one, she stopped and told us that she wanted to give 'high 5' to the kid, and a kiss. We settled for the high 5. Then later on, on our way out, Sophia was walking when she spotted another 'Elmo' in a little wagon in front of her. She started running as fast as she could. When she noticed it still wasn't quick enough she actually really booked it. I was already envisioning more lost teeth. When the parents pulling the wagon noticed her chasing them, they stopped. Sophia happily gave high 5s again, and couldn't refrain this time from kissing. The kids were really gracious, and even gave her a hug back, which she was happy about. I had no idea she has such a love for Elmo, considering that she's never seen Sesame Street and we haven't had any Elmos (or other Sesame Street characters) in our house until about 2 weeks ago when she got a little Elmo book for her birthday.

6 comments:

KroekieMonsters said...

Who wouldn't be thrilled to have such flattering pictures taken of them?

Quinn said...

Poor Sophias teeth. You can take heart too that they aren't her permanent teeth. Niklas has two chipped permanent teeth. I didn't know you could do anything about it.

Franziska Patterson said...

Yeah, they can fix it simply by putting on a, urm, I forgot a word. They basically plaster on the missing part of the teeth. I think they can do that with any tooth. Anyway, supposedly it's pretty easy and shouldn't even take long. I guess the only question will be how much it costs and whether insurance will cover it. We have our appointment this afternoon, so we'll see what happens next.

Kari said...

Hopefully not too much! Keep us updated!

Franziska Patterson said...

Bleh...silly dentist didn't want to do anything. He didn't even really smooth the teeth down or anything. He said they can be fixed, but at her age he'd only do it with general anesthesia (instead of a papooz - sort of a straight jacket). I'm not happy.

KroekieMonsters said...

Is there only one pediatric dentist within driving distance? Get a second opinion.