Well, we posted ultra-sound pictures of Sophia when I was pregnant with her, and I figured Alba Zoë deserves the same. So, here are two pictures of our cute pumpkin. Yeah, I know, they're only ultrasound pictures, but I feel like you can already see how cute she is. :) I love how she's just looking in the one picture, and then yawning or something in the next. Awwwww...it melts my little mommy-heart, and makes me want to hug her and kiss her already! Come on February!!!
On an not-related note, I wanted to capture some of the cute things Sophia has been saying (which is basically everything that comes out of her mouth).
While sitting in the car the other day, she had to toot and commented on it with "Erdbeben in der Hose" (earthquake in the pants). Yeah. Feels like it, doesn't it?
Or, recently when we asked her to sing "I love to see the temple" while waiting for her food, she sang "I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day...to eat". We had to laugh real hard, so now it's her little joke. She'll sing it and wait for us to laugh.
One of my favorite things is when we listen to classical music with her. A few months ago I turned on the radio in the car to a piano piece that was really light, high notes, quick etc. Sophia started commenting in the back that it was a bird singing. At first I thought this may have been coincidental, but the other day, when I turned on another classical piece on the radio with loud trumpets, and a marching rhythm, Sophia mentioned how it was an elephant singing. When the piece was over she said the elephant was all done. I just love how she puts images to music she hears.
Sophia will climb behind the wheel in our car and declare "Sophia is driving".
When I took my sister to the outlet malls a few days ago, the first thing Sophia had to say when we parked was "Sophia braucht money" (Sophia needs money).
She loves placing pillows below our rocker, from which she'll then jump down onto the pillows. At some point Henry pointed out that she needs to mind the gap between the pillows. Now she hops down, always declaring before to "mind the gap".
She'll giggle and laugh about something (or nothing) and then tell us that "Sophia is albern/silly".
Now that I'm typing all this, I realize others may not find it as amusing or cute. But I can't help but just think that everything Sophia does is so adorable. She simply is my little sunshine, and I don't know what else could be more worthwhile than writing and thinking about my kids. We love you Sophia and Zoë!!!
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
THe earthquake in the pants is hilarious. Sounds like something my Kelsey would say. It doesn't what your kids say though at this age because it's all cute.
Yes, another little denglisch-speaker in the world! And it's not just you, Sophia does say the cutest things. Also thanks for sharing the ultrasound pictures. You do have adorable daughters!
Hey Fran,
I love little kids and the adorable things they do and say!! I think the things Sophia said/did were SO ADORABLE!!
I'm SO happy for your little family and for your cute little Alba Zoe to join it!!
P.S. How do you do the umlaut above her name? Because that's how we spell Chloe's name also.
I think "Erdbeben in der Hose" will be my new Facebook status.
Thanks Misty. You do the umlaut by pressing alt+0235 (you keep the alt pushed while typing the 0235 - that will automatically pull up the e with dots).
Great Dave - I'll look forward to that. Just make sure you quote and credit your source. ;)
Aliza, I think Sophia is more of a Deutschish speaker. Her sentences are mostly just one language or another. She often uses 'I' instead of ich no matter what, but other than that she really keeps the languages pretty well separated, as well as having the grammar down pretty well (like occasionally she'll say gesingt or gelauft, but usually she gets everything right). Her language skills are freaky.
Ya, I was just responding to "Sophia braucht money"
Yes, I find the things Sophia says funny - they do sound somewhat familiar. I guess we're in the same boat witnessing the amazing English/German acquisition :) Here's a funny temple comment Matti made the other day. I was reading an article online and a picture of the temple popped up. Matti saw it and said: Oh, that's where the ogre lives.
(He's into the Jack and the Beanstalk story and I guess the castle looks similar, ha, ha)
Haha - I love the ogre comment. I love how kids see the world in such a different light. The ogre reminds me of Sophia seeing a picture of Bin Laden and saying it's Jesus. Yeah, why not. Love it.
And Aliza, of course you're right...she's a denglish speaker, too. ;) Too bad not more people raise their kids bilingually. It's so fun.
I can tell already that little Alba Zoe is adorable, just like her sister!
Post a Comment