Monday, October 11, 2010

Half-Time

Yeah! I'm half-way there, or maybe less. So exciting. Anyway, we were in Toronto over the weekend, and of course, took lots of pictures. Just so I could notice how abnormally large I already am. I distinctly remember that with Sophia at this point I was still in all my normal clothes, and people couldn't even tell I was pregnant. Not so now. When I looked at our pictures, I really felt like I look (and definitely feel) as pregnant as I did with Sophia at about 28 weeks. Is the 'popping' difference really that dramatic??? Now I can't help but wonder what I'll look like 20 weeks from now...

Anyway, here some pictures for comparison pleasure. I never really take actual preggo-shots, so these aren't perfect. And I'll post more about our trip when my sister has left again.



P.S. The picture above is of me, my sister and mom while vacationing in Greece. I think it also demonstrates well why I feel like a whale so much. How can you not when you tower over your other females by a head, and they can hide behind you? I'm probably totally fine for my height, but considering that most women are what feels like half my height and half my width - well, I just feel like an elephant surrounded by little bambis.



Henry and I in Canada last weekend.

8 comments:

Talyn said...

I know what it feels like to be an elephant surrounded by Bambis. Every time I spend time with my inlaws. Even the males are bambis over there. I love being pregnant though. It's such a good reason to be bigger than everyone else.

Ashley said...

Oh your comments about feeling like an elephant surrounded by bambis made me laugh. I feel like with my height too, and just when I think I'm maybe more normal, some stranger stops me in a store to ask just how tall I really am. I'm only 5'8", but it feels like 7'10" sometimes.

And then there's the pic of you and Henry & Sophia by Niagara Falls, and you look SO feminine compared to Henry's height and frame (in a good way for both of you;). ANyways, I think you look so cute in the pic. Not just cute, but pretty ;) Just thought you should know my honest opinion ;)

Kari said...

You do look great! I love that baby bump!

HeidiPie said...

I think you look great and pretty fantastic too! You're so tall and fabulous, leave it to us shrimpies to feel like puffer fish when we're pregnant.

KroekieMonsters said...

Subsequent pregnancies show more/ earlier than the first one. So if you feel like your showing more earlier this time, that makes you normal.

Angie said...

I'm only 12 weeks along and obviously showing. It makes me laugh because I was able to hide my 1st from my employers until I was 4 months along...when I told them I was pregnant, they were surprised!

How was your trip to Niagra? It sure amazed me to see the power of the water when we got close to the falls.

Franziska Patterson said...

Thanks shrimpies and fellow elephants. I should mention that I put up the picture that I thought was most favorable to my figure when I picked from the ones we had. Haha...I don't think I actually look quite as good as in the picture. Oh well.

Marie M. said...

But Franziska, I think your're the perfect size for your husband. You two look perfect for each other.
I'm a bambi and it's not green on this side of the fence either. So, eh, like Elder U. said, we must learn to get along with ourselves. And I love your other post talking about journal writing and friendship. It's about time I write again too.