Henry and Sophia like to go play with our digital camera at times. I had to smile at these two pictures.
Then Henry decided to capture Sophia's latest hobby on camera - jumping off chairs. Please note her careful preparation of placing the pillow in just the right spot, her perfect first landing, and her face planting the next time. Luckily, the face planting didn't bother Sophia. I love my little frog.
Other than a cute baby and husband, I thought I'd tell you that I have my 20-week appointment in 2 weeks (I guess it's actually only a 19-week appointment). And we'll find out what we're having, and that hopefully all is well. I'm still a bit nervous, thinking we may get bad news again. But, I'm sure all will be well. People keep asking me what we think we're having. So, here it is. I do think we'll have a girl. Somehow I just still expect that girl I just know is part of our family to still join us. But, I guess there is no sure way of knowing when or how that'll play out. If you'd like submit a guess of what we're having, guess away. And if you enjoy guessing, how about guessing the names we've decided on (YES, we've come to an agreement, without me having to agree to anything horrible like Michaela or Antje or Gesine or the like). I think Henry leaked our female choice to 2 friends - if you read this, DON'T TELL!
In the meantime, I'll give you some clues though. Our girl name choice starts with an A, and is of European origin (meaning from a European country - Eastern Europe not included). It's a pretty rare name, but in my humble opinion, simple, beautiful and lovely in meaning. Our boy's choice is a pretty popular name in Germany, and basically unheard of in the US. However, the English version of the source of this name, is probably one of the most common names in the US. And if that last sentence sounded too cryptic - the name we picked is, in other words, a variant of a really common name, except that our variation is unheard of in the US, and popular in Germany. There. Guess away if you feel like it. We very well may announce in two weeks not only what we're having but also what he/she will be named.
12 comments:
I want to know, too, what you're having!! Good luck, I'm sure everything will be well!
Based on your hints, I'm guessing the girl's name is Adelheid, and the boy's name is Heinz. (I do think, by the way, that you are having a boy for some reason).
Virtual hugs from Finland. Thanks for your words on my blog today. I'm glad you agree. We are not depressed every time we are sad. It's just that, we don't always need to act like Santa Claus on Prozac!
Henry and Sophia look alike a lot! :)
I'm guessing girl and I'm still thinking on the names. I do have a guess for the boy though...
I'm thinking the girl's name is something like Anne or Adell - oh, who knows. I'm drawing a blank actually. But the boy name could be Lasse - never heard of it in the US and is a derivitive of Nicholas. It definately fits the description, but there are probably others that do too. And I'm with Meike - Henry and Sophia look alike.
Oh, I love the name Lasse. And I wish that was one of our choices. Maybe I can convince Henry that Lasse doesn't sound like Lassie, but for now, Lasse is not it. :) Neither is Anne, which I think is a pretty common name, while our pick is so rare, you probably wouldn't even think of it, without maybe doing a name search. :) And the common version of the boy name is farfarfar more common than Nickolas (which is also a name I really like, but someone in the family had to use that name for their son! :)
Keep on guessing guys!
And Isa, I'll forgive you for even thinking that Adelheid and Heinz may be an option. ;) (I know you were joking, and it'd be really funny if it weren't for Henry possibly considering such names for real!).
So I'm still searching for the girl name. And you told me once what you'd name your boy so if you haven't changed it, I'd guess that. But for the sake of the guessing contest I won't tell if it is.
Hmmmm, did I really tell you what I'd name a boy? I think I haven't been very secretive about boy names, probably because I figured we won't have boys for a while.
Well, if it was related to a name you had chosen for your boy, then...we've changed plans. :) If you're thinking about another name, urm...then I may just have spilled the beans.
I want to guess Janik (Yanik) for a boy, an uncommon (in the US) form of John - which seems to be every third boy's name here. I am racking my brains though trying to come up with that simple, beautiful and lovely in meaning, seldom heard girl's name that starts with A, I mean if it weren't for the European origin thing I'd have to say "Aliza":) but that's a Hebrew name and Israel may participate in the Eurovision Song Contest, but in no other context is it classified as a European country. So I guess that name is out...
Will you tell us if we guess the name you had picked if the baby doesn't end up being that gender, or do we only get to know what the actual baby will be named?
Yup, once we know what we're having, and that the baby is ok (as in alive), and we've announced the name of baby, we'll tell you if your other gender guess was correct/incorrect. I wasn't really going to tell anyone if they're wrong on a guess. I just had to comment on 1-2 of the suggestions...
But yeah, I'll solve the mystery!
Also mein Tip für einen jungen Namen ist: Jonas oder Johannes oder Jonathan. Mädchennamen muss ich noch überlegen.
Ok, so my guess for a A girl name is Aida.
Congrats on the baby! No idea on the names. But if you have a good male name that you don't end up using, please tell me. We're set to find out gender of our surprise/can't believe it's happening/dream come true baby on Oct. 13. There were a few tears in that journey and I'm living from ultrasound to ultrasound for little reassurances. We've three boys already and I'm determined to believe that this will be a boy too--just seems like that's our mojo. And with each boy we're always a little stuck on finding just the right name. We're pretty particular about our boy names. So, this time. Really drawing a blank. Have one, but Eric isn't loving it.
Can you tell me...how is it that you are so good at writing what I'm thinking and feeling. I've just been trying to catch up on posts and I just keep TOTALLY feeling it. Written expression is SO your gift. I'm thrilled that I have this blog/online connection with you.
So glad for you!
Post a Comment