Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cuteness

I'd do better to remember at all times how endlessly cute our little Sophia is. Today I lost my patience with her twice. Once when we went to the YMCA. She had pooped just before we left, and so therefore I had changed her just before we left. But, shortly after I had dropped her off in the child watch, she had pooped again, and it had leaked, which meant I couldn't finish my work out and had to go home (no extra clothes for her). I wouldn't have been so annoyed if it would have been the first time, but Sophia seems to have a knack for getting out some extra poop the moment she hits the YMCA child watch. It happens pretty much every time I go. I had really been looking forward to the work-out. Then, I got annoyed with her again when she ended up not taking a nap today. After 2 hours in her crib she was still awake, and started crying and kicking the wall, so I got her out. Again, with frustration though. I was really tired and hoping to get some rest, which now I didn't. I still had to take a shower, so I did that and closed the door on Sophia to have some piece. However, it made her cry really hard, and I ended up feeling horrible for having shut her out.

But, each time I also couldn't stay mad long, because she'd come and hug me, and chatter on in her supercute way. It's hard to be upset long when someone looks at you with big blue eyes, and a cute face and does cute things like hugging you real tight and saying "Sophia is traurig. Sophia is gluecklich".

Anyway, then I had to think of all the cute things she's been doing lately and how wonderful I just think she is.

For example, today after leaving the YMCA we listened to some classical music while driving. It was a piano piece that had some high, fast-paced parts in it. When Sophia heard those she said "Is ein Vogel" (it's a bird), and when the piece finished she said the bird was all done. I loved how she put a mental picture with what she heard.

Or I loved how we were being goofy today for dinner, and then she looked at me and said "silly Mama". Cute.

Or how she clapped her hands in excitement when we entered Whole Foods today and said "Einkaufen yeaaaahhhh" (shopping yeaaaahhhh - can you tell what we do a lot?).

Or shouting 'Hi' at everyone in the grocery store and telling them about her Papa.

Or running off to the dessert table during our ward BBQ activity, just to find her eating strawberries and not even paying attention to all the cookies, pies, cakes, etc. that are all around her.

Or being all reverent for our prayer to bless the food, and then snatch some food while she thinks no one is looking.

Or when we showed her a picture of Jesus getting baptized by John the Baptist saying Jesus is giving 'high fives'.

Or having her doggy do everything with her - eat, pray, read, sleep, dance.

Or trying to sneak into the front seat of our car to drive, and then clinging on desperately to the stirring wheel when we try to get her back into her seat.

Or grabbing our hands, and saying "Come on Mama, come on Papa" to take us somewhere she wants us to be.

Or climbing into our bed to 'kuscheln' (cuddle).

Or one million other things I could write about.

Why on earth do I ever lose my patience when I very possibly have the cutest child on earth as my daughter????

4 comments:

Marie M. said...

So true. I get irritated too with my boys bodily functions always happening at the exact wrong time, or their whining, etc...but then those cute eyes just get me again.

Quinn said...

Oooh, miss you guys!

Isa said...

I've never met her, and yet she manages to put a smile on my face. Cute, wonderful Sophia! :)

Marianne said...

This is so true huh?:) Cute girl.