Sophia is just so cute to me. I realize a lot of what she does is just the normal stuff kids do at this age (which is probably why kids this age are so cute), but...as her mom I just have to love it, and keep a record of it. So, here are more of the recent cute things I enjoy.
The best was probably today in the car. I have a little road-rage problem. I'm pretty much perpetually frustrated with how people drive here (and I leave it to you to determine what geographical area is covered by 'here'). So, today someone got in front of me, and then was going superslow. Eventually, slowpoke decided to turn right, except he didn't feel it necessary to put on his signal for that. I got annoyed, and said something like 'Dude, get out of the way already'. Well, right after I said that, I hear Sophia chiming in in the back saying 'dude'. When the guy turned, she kept talking how 'dude is weg' and 'dude is gone' and 'where is dude', followed by a few more mumbles of something containing 'dude'. I had to laugh really hard. And then I realized it's really about time I start watching my mouth real well.
The other thing that keeps amusing me is how much Sophia is already into pretend play. When I kind of push for her to play more by herself, she usually ends up playing with her doggie, and she talks a lot to him. But today it was all her 'baby'. At first I couldn't figure out who 'baby' was, but then realized it was one of her dolls. So, while she was eating dinner, she kept talking about how baby needed her bib (Baby Laetzchen), and how baby needed to sit down (Baby hinsetzen) etc. Finally, I realized she meant her doll, and brought it over. She was so happy when I finally had the doll sit at the table with us, put a bib on her, and let her try Sophia's food. Sophia also took her to the car with her, and made sure she got buckled in, and sat down as she should. Baby also got to participate in 'Ring around the Rosies', family prayer (Sophia was quite concerned about baby not closing her eyes), and just like Sophia, baby had to sit down with a blanket over her, and some milk for book reading. I just love it.
Although...I wonder if she is just socially deprived. We haven't been seeing a lot of other kids lately?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I doubt Sophia is socially deprived. Like you said, she is playing like others her age. Even so it is super cute (and fun) to see your kids impersonating you and coping you. Sophia is a fantastic mother to her doll.
ooh, it reminds me of Tori - and Tyler! Tyler has started dragging a bear everywhere. I think most kids talk with their stuff and are not deprived. I think they need the time to work things out that happen during the day - did she replay the dude thing? Haha. I love hearing about Sophia's cuteness. It makes me really miss her though.
Oh, that is so cute! Colden always says, "Dude, Dad,...." It cracks us up.
Post a Comment