A little warning for my male readership. The following paragraphs deal with 'female' issues. So, read at your own discretion.
7 = the number of pregnancy tests I took since April 2...Sounds like a lot, doesn't it? Don't worry, I don't need any biology lessons. I do think it's rather descriptive though of what the last month was like. A little OCD? Yeah. Maybe. Apparently my body has just barely recovered from the D and C, since I just barely started a period that I could recognize, for sure, as such. Up till two days ago, it was all more guessing, with lots of random little bleeding here and there. Which is why I kept testing, wondering if I my hcg levels had really gone down, or if maybe this was the 'pregnancy spotting' I've read about, or if the sudden dizzy spells that lasted a few days were maybe a pregnancy sign, or just to see if maybemaybemaybe I'm simply pregnant. Well, no such luck. I had planned to take another test yesterday morning, just to be sure. But honestly, the amounts of blood this time around were not leaving any room for questions. So there. I'm sure you wanted to read about all my current fertility issues. All I've got to say is, 3 months have passed, and I'm not pregnant again. And it's really hard on me.
Supposedly your period starts up 4-6 weeks after your surgery - 3 months for me. And supposedly you get pregnant faster after a miscarriage. I've heard of plenty of people who got pregnant again after a miscarriage within 3 months. Not me, either. I guess 3 months really isn't that long of a wait. But, it hasn't taken that long with Sophia or with Baby. I am getting nervous. I feel my biological clock is ticking mercilessly, and there's no time for lengthy set-backs. We wanted a bunch of kids, and we wanted them before I'm 38. Ooops, that leaves me with only about 5 years to get out those 3-4 kids we wanted. And so I realize that sometimes life doesn't go as planned, and that I may just have to readjust, and deal with things as they come. It shouldn't be a big deal, because clearly there are things far worse in life. All that I know. And yet, I want to be pregnant so badly, and it's just so hard to see 'everyone' pregnant. Today in Relief Society, the 3 ladies to my right were all pregnant. One girl behind me was pregnant, and two were holding their babies. Of the 2 ladies to my left, one had a little baby, and one had her 4th baby the same time I had Sophia (so maybe they're done). Then there were a few more women scattered in the room who were pregnant, and in front of me was my Relief Society president cuddling with her newborn. At that moment I just wanted to cry, because I want a little baby so bad. I want Sophia to have a little sister. I want to hold a little newborn, smelling their sweet baby scent, feeling their soft hair and skin on my cheek, seeing their little yawns and stretches, and sleepy smiles, having their tiny hands wrap around my finger.
One of my friends just had her baby, and she posted her birth story. I was worried that all the stuff I just wrote about would come up and make me cry all over again if I read it. It was a little hard, but when I saw the picture of her having her little baby, and what she wrote, I saw Sophia's birth before my eyes. I was so happy to remembering that day. What moment in life is more magical and special than when you greet a new little human in the world, a little person who was the result of the deep love and trust a husband and wife share? Missing our baby is sad. Waiting and wondering about when/if another baby will join us is hard. But remembering how Sophia joined us, is pure joy. Seeing Sophia every day, smiling, singing, dancing, drawing, talking, exploring - bliss.
13.1 -the distance of my second half-marathon I ran yesterday. I had kind of planned to run this marathon, but thought initially that I'd be pregnant and the plan was to see if I can get/be fit enough to do this pregnant. Then Henry got put on remediation, we had the miscarriage, health worries, trip to Germany, more worries/depression/chocolate eating etc. I definitely haven't worked out much this year. And I have gained 7 lbs since February. I wasn't really ready to run this half-marathon. My bladder was full from the get-go, and I had to go No. 2 for the whole run as well. I was also on my period. And I wasn't in shape. It also happened to rain, and I was running this one by myself. I think at mile 9 I just wanted to quit, and at mile 10 I had some weird breathing issues. But then I thought of our baby, and decided I'd run for her. I'd keep going because I can't quit on...well, on me, on our hopes, on happiness, on life, on having faith. At that moment I felt like if I can just hang in running, I can hang in with everything else. It really wasn't easy to finish (especially not the last 2 miles that were hills), but I'm glad to report that I hung in there. And I even ran this race faster than the last one, by about 9 minutes.
I have to think of Paul's words (2 Tim. 4:7):" I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." Yesterday I did just that. And I hope one day I can look at my life and say those same words. So, here's to fighting, and finishing, and keeping the faith.
12 comments:
Oh Fran. I'm so proud of you for running that half marathon! And faster! I'm so impressed. Good for you.
I wish you were pregnant now too. I can't imagine what you're going through. I've been thinking a lot about trials, and how if Heavenly Father wanted us to do something good (like growing our family), shouldn't it be easy? Shouldn't the way just be set before you? But I've been reading the Doctrine and Covenants (along with this great commentary) and I was reminded about how hard it was for the early members of the church- especially for Joseph and Emma. I know that Emma must have thought how unfair it was for her children to die, while Joseph was blessing others to live. Shouldn't she have been blessed too? Shoudn't somthing in her live be easy? What about the publishing of books that were commanded? Why was the book publisher burned down? I was reminded that great things, wonderful things, are not always easy. I know that probably isn't very comforting right now, but it helps me when I think about how unfair things might be... Things have never really been fair, but in the end, you will be blessed. Hang in there Fran. Hopefully baby #3 is learning the last minute lessons in Heaven that will help in this mortal life.
Thanks Fran, I needed that.
That's awesome you ran that race..and faster...really awesome! Now that you're bleeding normally I think you have a much better chance and here's to having fun making that baby...oops, did I just write that? Oh-well, so true!
Heidi beat me to it. Now that you know, you'll only have to test once a month and hopefully you won't have to do that too many more times. Now go make that baby!
I get sad like that too Franny. Just not as often because I'm not surrounded by pregnant women all the time.
H
I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how amazing I think that you are! You do some very amazing things and you stand strong throught trials that would bring adult men to their knees!
I have read almost every post in your blog and I can fully understand where you are coming from. I too have lost babies (and been plaqued with infertility for YEARS after!), and had to deal with the constant "why me?" or "why NOT me?" that nags each day.
Congrats to you for the marathon! How amazing!
Your family is beautiful and you are so very strong! I know that you will soon be pregnant with another babe that you will love and watch grow! Try not to focus on the getting pregnant, or why you are not yet pregnant side of it too mcuh.
Sophia is an amazing little girl! I saw her Sunday during sacrament and thought about how bright and beautiful she is!
Keep your head up and continue to live life to its fullest! You are an amazing woman and mother :)
haha...don't worry. Henry makes sure I don't forget about our priorities for the time being ;).
Thanks everyone. I'm sorry if you're getting tired of the miscarriage/not pregnant posts, but it does help me to say it and get it out. And it also helps to feel like there are people who allow me to still grieve and be sad (while reminding me to go make babies - hahaha). Thanks, really.
Fran, have you read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler? If you are the kind of information addict I think you are I think you will find it very helpful. It explains tracking signs of fertility such as basal body temperature, cervical fluid, and such. I have several friends who conceived using its methods and it also can help you identify potential problems. Its quite popular and I'd be surprised if your library doesn't have it. I learned tons of things about my body that I had never known and am even more in awe then I was before with the whole reproductive process.
And kudos to you on the half marathon!
You guys have had such a rough time of it lately. I'm hoping and praying that things start looking up for you soon.
Hooray for your 13.1! A 9 minute improvement is HUGE!
I'm very impressed with your running! That alone proves your fitness and courage level.
I'm sorry you aren't pregnant. And I know nothing I could possibly say will help you. But I feel for you and I hope you'll get a sweet little baby soon.
And you ROCK for running that half-marathon. DUUUUDE.
Thanks for sharing that. You're awesome. Your faith is so strong...and it will carry you through this rough time, as it already has. Your strength will get you through, too.
Trust in the promises the Lord has promised you...in past answers to prayers and in blessings. Have you read Pres. Uchdorf's message on Patience that he gave to the Priesthood brethren? It's so applicable in these kinds of trials when you're not sure when the blessing you've been promised will come.
Post a Comment