Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shhhhhh!


Artist at work.


10 comments:

Henry said...

She looks like a natural.

H

Danny and Darcie said...

Wow! She is really painting, not just making a mess. The last time Kari taught our play school group, she had all the kids paint milk cartons. Half of them ended up putting more paint on themselves than the milk carton, Mary included. On purpose. Way to be Sophia!

Tobias Kroek said...

That is amazing!

Kari said...

I'm still not brave enough to let Avery paint like that. I should give it a try... it looks like fun!

Franziska Patterson said...

You should give it a try. It was barely a mess at all. The cover from IKEA literally covered Sophia head to toe, and since we did the whole thing in the kitchen, the little bit of paint that got on the floor was easy to clean. You could just put your easle there.

Franziska Patterson said...

And yes, isn't she amazing? I think for a barely 16-months old she's displaying some nice painting skills there, especially the way she's holding the brush.

Angie said...

That's a really cute idea. I really ought to allow my kids to make artistic "messes" once in a while...because it's not a mess, it's creation.

mom said...

Wow. I just read everything back to Christmas. I am not amazing like you popping into the computer everyday, rain or shine. I've been a bit lost. Good thing for the phone.

I love that I read it all at once. I should put you on Goodreads as my favorite book of all time. Thank you for sharing all your real feelings, embarrassing moments, fears, griefs, joys, philosophies. You are so good, so consistent, so daily, so funny, so tender.

Thanks for sharing our marvelous Sophia and her parents. I ache to be with all of you. I want to be there driving you crazy. Being parted from family is not my favorite. Even when I am with some, it makes me long more for the ones I am not with.

I loved the sweet balloon farewell. So beautiful. Perfect.

Your process of understanding the gift of birth and the sorrows of loss. I know about feeling incredibly alone, but I never experienced your loss.

Your capturing of Sophia's way too rapid changes and letting us not miss everything.

Your longest sentence every written when you described the horrible day the flowers came.

Love you, love you, love you.

Thanks.

Marianne said...

How cute is that. You are such a good mom!!

Romi said...

I'm trying to be a better mom and let my kids make creative messes but it's hard for me too. Thanks for your example!!