Apparently, some things will keep haunting me, no matter what I do. And apparently, I'll keep rubbing people the wrong way/say the wrong things etc. for a while longer, so...as much as it frustrates me, I'd like to move on and think/reflect on happy things (oh wait, wasn't that my goal for the last post - ah, failure my eternal side kick).
So, let's look at happy...Yesterday they took my blood for that blood test to test for 'anti-phospholipid syndrom'. They filled 8 vials of blood, and I didn't even get a cookie. :( I should get the results by Tuesday. I'm nervous, but at least we got to finish the day in the Temple, and it was so rejuvenating for me to do initiatories, and be reminded of all the blessings Heavenly Father has promised us.
And then today, I got to spend 6 hours on the phone with 3 different airlines, trying to work out my canceled flights with Lufthansa, who had to choose the one time in my life when I fly with them to go on their once-in-a-decade strike. At least I managed to get onto another flight, and all should be fine. Weehoo! I'm glad, even though being on the phone all day was rather unpleasant. Sophia got to watch a lot of movies/signing time today. Poor child. I feel bad that I didn't get to do much fun stuff at all with her today. But at least we had a few minutes to dance to ABBA, which is appropriate since we'll be flying with Scandinavian Airlines now.
Henry made sure that the day ended well for me. He took me on a real date, that he had planned, and that didn't consist just of food and/or movies. We went rock climbing at OSU's Outdoors Center, and it was superfun (and hard). I climbed up two walls, and Henry did a 3rd one that was pretty hard. My arms weren't up for a third wall, but we had a blast, and are excited to go again. Afterward we picked up Sophia and got some Chinese take-out. We had fun playing hide and seek with Sophia at the completely empty restaurant, while waiting for our food.
My goal for this year was to enjoy all the happy moments more, and to learn to like myself more. I think it's been a rough start with lots of things challenging my goals. But, here I am. Still posting. Still loving my little family. Still finding time to laugh and play. Willing to try and forgive and forget. Willing to change. Willing to try harder. But, not willing to stop being me. That's all I wanted the world to know for right now.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm still a Fran fan!
:)
I'm always a Fran fan. And I don't even need the sticker.
Henry
I'm glad you're still being happy and being yourself.
That sounds like a fun date...and a great way to end a stuck-on-the-phone day.
Here is how I see it. Most of us don't tell what we think or feel or opine. So nobody can misunderstand or be offended by what we say. I think you should keep on sending out your exciting, powerful, interesting self.
For those of us who love and understand you, we feel happy. For others, the ruthscientific explanation is that their blood was rather lethargic and it needed riling up. You were so kind as to help them. Nice work.
Or, in fewer words, they smell like fresh dog's droppings. You smell like sweet roses.
No, I am not being childish.
Post a Comment