Friday, January 29, 2010

Recipes Revisted

Ok, so there was some demand for me to let everyone know how the recipes turned out that I tried from foodgawker.

Well, here is the info:

I never made the lemon grilled beans. Instead I made lemon fusilli with arugula, which was a pretty easy dish and very tasty. I think the fresh lemony taste would make this a great summer meal. But then, summer in the winter is also nice. Also, this recipes makes A LOT of food.

Then I made a West African Peanut Stew. The okra was weird, and made me queasy, so I didn't add it. It tasted great without it.

My favorite was the Tomato-Balsamic Soup. Quick and very tasty. I can definitely recommend it. I thought it was pretty sweet, which may have been my high quality vinegar, but you could probably omit the sugar or at least use less. Also, I used cream instead of evaporated milk. So, you can probably also experiment with that part of the recipe. Also, if you're a soup-a-holic like me, you may wanna double the recipe. The way it is, it only lasted us for one meal.

I never made the Spinach/Sweet Potato Gratin with Gruyere. The thought of sweet potatoes was making me queasy. It still does, which at this point makes me angry. :( Not like the queasiness is serving a purpose. Another cruel joke of this whole ordeal. Anyway, if someone else wants to try and let me know how it was, I'd like to know.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

yeah...okra...I tried cooking that a couple summers ago- and we ended up throwing most of it away. Tabitha said the only way to eat okra is fried:) That tomato balsamic soup sounds very yummy... I'll have to try it out.

Kari said...

I've only had okra fried as well. It was good, but everything is good fried. (: