Soooo, we finished, and I was pleased, even though I wasn't in as good shape as I was last Saturday. But, considering that I've been working out pretty hard on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and that yesterday was crazy, and that we got up at 4.00 am etc. it's probably not half-bad. It was fun seeing a little of Indianapolis and having people cheer you on and think you're doing something hard. The weather was also just perfect, with no cloud in the sky and mild temperatures. And it was particularly nice to have Henry and Sophia wait for me at the 12.2 mile mark, when I was definitely in need of someone to cheer me on. I'm proud to say that even though I thought I may have to walk (like a lot of people did the last few miles, except for the crazy marathon freaks who sprinted past all the half-marathoners and finished before us all...) I sprinted the last hundred feet or so. I hope they caught that on camera. Henry wasn't fast enough. :) Hence, no pictures of me crossing the finish line. Really though, it was a fun and cool experience, and I'm pleased that I achieved this and really grateful to Henry and Sophia to have been such fantastic support. My only regret is that I didn't order my t-shirt one size bigger. Large ended up not fitting me, and that's sad because they actually gave you a really cool, fitted, Puma T-shirt. :( So sad... I basically paid $60 for that thing.
Well, here are the pictures now. I also included one extremely horrible picture of me - just for all of you who think I'm just sooo exaggerating on some of my freakish appearances. Let this convince you that it's not all pulled out of thin air. I've beheld some very hideous appearances of myself. See for yourself though.
Minutes before the race started
Right after the finish line. I had to rest for a second because I sprinted so hard I was dizzy when I stopped running
Relaxing a bit...this is the hideous picture I mentioned... I mean, a picture is worth a 1000 words, right?
9 comments:
Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!!! Und Du siehst nicht mal verschwitzt aus, sondern ziemlich frisch.
Just the thought of running that far makes me want to puke! I don't know how you do it.
Way to go!!!!! I'm so proud of you girls!!! We should do it again.. and hey will you send me some of your pictures of us??? As you maybe saw in my post...our camera didn't produce:) Seriously that was fun. Hope you have had a nice day of recovery. :)
You're my hero!! That's an amazing accomplishment!! One I think I could only dream of. :P
Wow!YOu ran a half-marathon!It's time I do it too..
ABSOLUTER WAHNSINN! Herzlichen Glückwunsch, das würd ich NIE schaffen!
Und jetzt hör auf dich selbst niderzumachen. Du weisst doch, dass Fett leichter ist auf der Waage als Muskel. Dass du nichts abgenommen hast, heisst also GAR nichts.
Hauptsache du bist fit und gesund! Viel fitter und gesünder als manch anderer "Dünner."
Congrats!!! You did it! I'm so happy for you...because that is one big accomplishment.
So obviously, I'm a little behind the times ;). CONGRATS on completing your race FRAN!! That's incredible - I'm so happy for you, proud of you, and in awe of you ;). I tried to take up running earlier this week (figured time to start losing this nasty baby jiggle that has remained with me) and it is HARD to run! I don't know how you ran so long. I'm dying after 2 miles ;).
Way to go girl!
Awesome! Great job! You look terrific.
Post a Comment