Wednesday, October 28, 2009

True Friends Will Tell You...

...how you look in a dress, right? So, therefore, you can all vote (even if you don't know me) and give me your input in my poll. I saw these dresses on Shabby Apple, and really liked them. I got excited because they were supposed to fit me, and I haven't worn a dress (other than my wedding dress) in, dunno, 10 years at least - dresses usually don't fit me.

Well, today I got the dresses, and they did fit (as in I didn't have the usual bust/rest of body disproportion issues), but the question is do I look nice in them. So, when you vote, don't go by how you like the dress, but how you like the dress on me and you better be honest!!!! I personally wanted to cry. I think one dress looks better on me than the other, but I think I was sad that in neither dress I looked pretty like the girls wearing them on the website. I felt like a football player wearing a dress with one dress, and like some Farmer's Wife in a fancy dress in the other...and, well, it's those moments where I want to look pretty and girly, that I end up hating my body like nothing else because I feel I'm anything but feminine. Henry loves them on me though. But, I don't want to listen to him when everyone else will think I look stupid. They're a little too pricey just to please my husband. :)

P.S. I removed the pictures now that everyone has given their input. No need to potentially nauseate anyone with my image. ;)

22 comments:

KroekieMonsters said...

You should keep the black one. Based on the first picture of the red one, I would return it, then I see the other pic.s and I'm undecided, but then I think, maybe it is your smile and not the dress that I like in the last pic, so keep the black one and return the red one, that is my vote. And as a side note - who is worth spending more money on impressing than your husband? (not that you shouldn't enjoy your clothes too, and dress appropriate for the occasion and all that, but um anyway, just wondering)

Deanna said...

I like both of them, but if you're only going to keep one of them, DEFINITELY keep the black one - it looks awesome on you!

I haven't worn a dress in years and years either!

Meike said...

Ich finde die passen dir beide super! Das schwarze finde ich aber klassischer und schöner. Das Rote sitzt auch sehr gut und sieht schön frisch aus.

Isa said...

I think the black one is actually kinda nice.

Serenity Rachel said...

I agree with everyone else, the black one is really nice and flattering and classy; not a fan of the red one though. In the red one, it seems like the waist is too high/close to the bust. Also, I'm not a fan of red so that might be part of it. The black dress looks better, probably in part because of the color as black is slimming anyway. Definitely keep the black one.

Kari said...

At least from the pics, the black one looks great. If you were to pick only one, that should be it. I can't really tell about the red one. I think I like it too, but I would need to see it in real life.

HeidiPie said...

Definitely the black. The angle on the top part on the red is all wrong for you. And the black is cool. You should get some cool patterned stockings or boots too or wear any color necklace or hey, even a scarf with color. Even without anything it looks great, it is doing good things for you!! Good pic!

Rachel Leslie said...

wow . . . you would think that fashion preference would be more subjective. I agree with the rest, the black looks better. The red just seems to have a weird collar . . . and when you make the face your making in the first red dress picture you do look like a farmers wife. It was hilarious and I'm sorry, but I laughed at my monitor.

Dave said...

This doesn't answer your question, but Shabby Apple was founded and run by an old classmate and ward member of mine.

Anonymous said...

I prefer the black one, too. The red one is nice and it does accentuate your waist, but there's something about it that makes you look older than you are.

Henry said...

I think they both looked good and I saw them in person. Fran said a camera doesn't lie but I know it does because they both looked really good on her.

Henry

Henry said...

Meaning: the red one looks good too.

H

Sarah said...

The comment by KroekieMonsters was what I was going to say. I LOVE the black dress on you...super cute! You look awesome & hot so whatever you do, keep that one. I didn't like the red one in the first picture but then I liked the follow up pics. If they are expensive I'd say for sure keep the black one however much it is but return the red.
By the way, you are super cool to post stuff like this. I'm too much of a wimp to do that but you make it a lot of fun. Maybe I need to change my ways. :)
Love you,
S

Sarah said...

I like that website a lot. Lots of cool stuff.

Isa said...

Jonni looked at these and he thinks the red one is, and I quote, "NIIIICE!"

Franziska Patterson said...

Ha! Oh that's funny. Interestingly enough, while the overall vote seems clearly in favor of the black one, Henry prefers the red one! Go figure...

KroekieMonsters said...

It looks like women like black and men like red.

Isa said...

You know, I think we women should just stop listening to ourselves and other women and start trusting men's opinions. They are always so much less critical.

Serenity Rachel said...

Funny, I recently read a study that said that men do prefer red. Its scientifically proven that red is SEXY! So maybe you should take a men only poll. On a similar note, my husband prefers me 5-10 pounds heavier than I prefer myself. Sometimes I do think I dress more so that other women will think I look nice because men are easier to please (esp. if you show a little cleavage :-) )

Marianne said...

my vote is the black dress...for what it's worth:) You look cute regardless though really.

Marianne said...

my vote is the black dress...for what it's worth:) You look cute regardless though really.

Romi said...

I missed the pics. :( I wanna vote/see even though it's too late. :) Please???

Most men I know prefer red. Funny.