Sunday, October 18, 2009

Not that bad...

I figured, since I've complained so much (or worried so much) about Sophia not eating, it's time to look on the bright side. Today I thought, even though she doesn't eat huge amounts, she does eat food, and she actually eats most of the healthy things we offer. And, while this may be extremely boring to you, I will list the things she eats (so I can see for myself that things really aren't that bad, even though she has the skinniest little arms). Sophia likes:

  • whole wheat noodles of any kind
  • whole wheat pita bread (some times)
  • brown rice or any rice really
  • cilantro
  • onions
  • oranges (sometimes)
  • strawberries
  • apples
  • pears
  • nectarines (most of the time)
  • grapes
  • blueberries
  • curry
  • chickpeas
  • pinto beans
  • tomatoes
  • broccoli
  • zucchini
  • green peas
  • corn
  • green beans
  • cottage cheese (not as much any more)
  • water
  • chicken
  • beef
  • tuna
  • carrots very occasionally
  • plain yogurt (not as much anymore)
  • graham crackers
  • avocado (sometimes)
  • puffs and cheerios
  • cauliflower (sometimes)
  • bananas if they're mashed up
  • Muesli (oats with some milk)
  • fresh snap peas (sometimes)
  • cucumber (if she can chew it up)
She won't eat potatoes of any kind, juice, black beans, and some fruits she'll only eat very occasionally if at all such as pine apple, raspberries, mandarine oranges etc. I'd say, all in all that's not as bad as I thought it was. I think for a little kid that's not a bad list. So, there it is. I think the next time I get all frustrated and sad, I should pull this up again, and rejoice over all the many things she usually WILL eat!

8 comments:

mom said...

I think that is absolutely amazing. Do you do anything besides cooking and cleaning it up.

Isa said...

Well... it seems you have NOTHING to worry about. She eats more veggies than any 5-year old I know. ;)

Henry said...

She eats more veggies than I do.

Henry

Angie said...

She eats more veggies than me, too! And that girl likes flavor!!

mom said...

This is the first time I have gone into your blog when you didn't have a new one. Are you sick or something?

Henry said...

Nope, not sick. Working on the next entry.

I should also add to this food list that Sophia now DOES eat black beans, and she's also been eating some carrots again (and even a bit of sweet potato). Oh and she likes German Schwarzbrot (really fiberous rye bread). I guess, it's true that you need to offer some foods 10 times or more.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! You should be proud.

HeidiPie said...

That is really good, she's eats more foods than Luke. I should try your listing them though, maybe I'll find he has a long list too...hmmm