- I ran 7.5 miles cold turkey in the rain. It took about 1 hour and 40 minutes. I was pretty pleased with myself since I haven't run in almost a year. Right now I'm feeling a little tired, and my knees hurt a little, but no major damage or soreness so far from the run. I think I'll sign up for that half-marathon in Indianapolis in November.
- It's been a wonderfully rainy day.
- We had a tasty dinner of pumpkin soup, arugula salad and fresh pineapple at our friend's house. You gotta love enjoying a delicious meal in good company.
- We found out that Sophia also can't tolerate eggs if they are mixed in with other foods. She had some bread today that had eggs in it, and she threw up. Luckily, it was not as severe as pure eggs. I'm glad we found this out, since we had to 'test' this at some point, but I really wasn't up for trying it knowingly. Now we found out accidentally.
- I read about the passing of a young father through a friend's blog and just had to cry. It's such a tragedy when a young family is torn apart by death. It made me grateful for my blessings and for every day I have with my wonderful little family. I'm so glad to have such a wonderful husband and such a cute and fun little daughter to wake up to every day.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Today's Highlights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How are you feeling today after the run? I am surprising not sore. Yeah! How is Sophia?? I'm glad it was not as severe. I feel bad about that...
No worries Kari. She only threw up once and that was it, so it actually really wasn't that bad.
As for sore. I'm kind of sore, but not horribly. I do feel though like I should stretch some more, do some sort of work-out today, and NOT run 8 miles on Saturday. :)
Wow! That's awesome! 7.5 miles! Go Fran!!
Go Fran. And your surprisingly delicious pumpkin soup. This from someone who definitely does not like pumpkin. It was yummy.
Post a Comment