Well, 'someone' requested to see some canvases that Sophia painted, and so I was more than happy to oblige and show off our daughter's handmade art. Ok, I know it's not really special, but I'm so happy to just see her explore and play with paint and colors. And I love having it up on my wall and thinking of how much fun we had creating something together. It's too bad that I'm about as creative and artistic as a dirty old rock. But Henry is quite the artist, so hopefully Sophia will take after daddy.
Anyway, I figured it was probably time again for some more painting. Today Sophia had company from her little friend. Here are the pictures of today's painting fun.
6 comments:
Awwwwwwwwww. These are great!! And I DO like the colors!
As you've said, it's a great age for them to explore colors, since it's relatively easy to clean them off afterward, without them running around the whole house and leaving fingerprints everywhere. ;)
Thanks Isa. What I noticed and particularly loved this time around was how Sophia was actually painting and knowing what to do. It's been probably 2-3 months since we last painted, and at that point I still would help her a little, move her hands etc. But this time, as soon as the paint was on the paper, she just went for it, smeared it everywhere, using her fingers, and later her whole hand. It was so fun to watch. I tried to capture that in the pictures. I don't know if anyone notices, but in the first 3 pictures or so you can see her using her finger and then hand to create her art.
Franny, I think the phrase, "It's too bad that I'm about as creative and artistic as a dirty old rock" is artistic in itself. You are an artist! Just not a confident one (not yet).
Henry
I love kids art! I think they are free and happy, and it liberates me. And I agree with Henry, because when I was your roommate, I heard and saw a lot of creative ideas from you...
Wow! Those are great pictures! And the canvases are cool, too. I love the colors. Fran, you are creative. I love the colors you choose in decorating your home...your bright and cheery bathroom...it reminds me of the colors in Sophia's pictures. What a fun activity to do with her!
So cute. I was so excited to have a little experiment in Elice. I tried to show her finger painting at some young age and stuffed her hand in the paint. She screamed and cried. Later, she was willing to explore paint with a popsicle stick.
Post a Comment