- My in-laws weight loss competition finished on July 1. Henry won with a weight loss of 26.5 lbs/ 12.01 percent weight loss. I was second in pounds but not percentage. I was a little bummed about that, but I definitely tried my hardest. I did lose 20 lbs though, and it's nice that a lot of my old clothes fit again.
- I still have 10-12 lbs to go, and have entered another competition with two of my sis-in-laws. Whoever loses 10 lbs first wins the pot. So, I may post stuff occasionally to keep track of myself and to keep myself motivated. I really want to shed the last bit of weight.
- My parents-in-law were here for the Independence Day weekend. We had so much fun. I particularly enjoyed seeing how much Sophia loves her Grandma. There really seems to be some sort of special bond, and I love to see how excited and happy she is when she sees her Grandma. They had a lot of fun together.
- I made sure this was my in-laws (and husband's) most patriotic 4th of July ever. We went to see the city's fire works on Friday night, then had burgers on Saturday, sang the National Anthem, had a patriotic game, a patriotic dessert (sugar cookies with cinnamon cream cheese spread on them and then blueberries and strawberries on top - try it, it's supertasty), flags and fireworks - all organized by: the German. Ha! Henry and his parents admitted that this was the most they had ever done for the 4th, and we didn't even get to my Independence Day trivia game.
- Speaking of the 4th of July, I also need to say that my ward pleasantly surprised me. Sunday was not all super patriotic and crazy as I anticipated it to be. It actually was pretty void of anything that may have suggested a patriotic holiday. I guess Ohio is just not Utah.
- We've got new arm chairs. Henry's parents gave them to us, and I just lovelovelove them. We took out our loveseat and sold it for $40. Yipee.
- Also cool is this big fat old painting we got from Henry's parents of his great grandfather Henry Daniel (which is Henry's name also). It needs some fixing, but I'm excited to get it fixed and hung up in some cool spot in our apartment.
- Lastly, our balcony is turning into a jungle. The tomato plants are all over the place and so are our zucchini and cucumber plants. However, the first tomato I harvested, despite its alluring red color promising unmatched taste, looked rather gross on closer examination. It had blossom rot. Arghhh. Otherwise, our tomatoes still seem fine though. Our broccoli hasn't grown at all though, and our zucchini and cucumber plants seem to die off as well. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I better figure it out quickly. I've planted and watered these little dudes for a reason. Is anyone reading my blog a gardening expert by chance? If so, please enlighten me.
Here are some pictures of our new chairs (in the back ground behind Sophia) and of us hanging out on top of the OSU parking garage to see the fireworks.
P.S. You wouldn't think I had lost 20 lbs looking at those fat arms of mine. Does anyone else hate having their pictures take because it's always such a shock to think how you may look to the world??
16 comments:
I've missed your blog posts! Its one of my favorite blogs. I started a comment on your patriotism post, but I think I'll turn it into a post of my own. It turned into quite a rambling on culture and the church. I seldom feel I have the energy or time to post the ideas I'm having so I enjoy following and participating in your debates.
Yay! 20 pounds, that's impressive! You should go out and celebrate with a chocolate cheese cake.. ha ha. :)
Anyway, I'm happy to hear you had a nice 4th of July. Contrary to what people might believe, it's actually one of my favorite US holidays. It's such a relaxed holiday, with just lots of fun! Maybe I'll start celebrating it in Finland. ;)
Die Sessel sehen wirklich hübsch aus. Und Sophia ist soo süss!! Sie sieht Henry wirklich sehr ähnlich.
10kg ist eine Menge!!! Mal sehen wieviel ich schaffe.... puhh.. und Dein Haar gefällt mir.
Last year our cucumbers were super sour, so I can't help you with that. Most of our zuccini's also shriveled up and died. We still ended up with quite a few that didn't. I think that feeding them plant food helped... I don't know for sure though. If you want to split a big thing of plant food, Sam's Club has one for $20. Let me know! Good luck with that garden!
i love the picture of you and sophia together. so so so cute! i'm also duly impressed by your unparalleled (by my standards) patriotism for the 4th of july. way to be!
Fran - oh my 4th celebrations!!! I love it - way to be the hostess with the mostess with games and everything! Did you go to that red/white/boom thing? How was it? And losing 20 pounds? That's incredible! (Though I totally never thought you needed to lose anything in the 1st place) I think you look fabulous & way to go on the loveseat sell!! Y'all have been up to a lot :)
P.S, Logan can't stop raving about that fried cheese you brought over - I was bummed I wasn't feeling good, but he seriously loved it! and I need a raincheck ;)
I got a chance to look at the pics now. What a cutie! (And nooo.. your arms don't look fat, it's a bad camera angle.)
Thanks Isa. I'd like to think as well that it's a bad angle, but you never know. And I did celebrate my weight loss with chocolate ice cream. it was great. It was great. But now, I need to work on those last 10-12 lbs.
Kari, I'd love to split some plant food. Hopefully that helps. I wonder though if it has anything to do with our plants being on a balcony. No idea.
Ashley, I still have some of that cheese. So, when you're feeling good and hungry, I'll give you some. It's definitely the yummiest fried cheese ever, and Logan is smart to rave about it. There's nothing like it. :) Oh, and the Red/White and Boom thing was pretty fun. The pictures of Sophia eating are actually taken at the RWandB.
Also, what does everyone think about our cool new chairs (even though there are no good pictures?) Does the lack of comment mean everyone thinks they're ugly? Not like I care, because I love them AND they were free. But I'm just curious...
in my case: the lack of commentary means I think they're pretty terrible. To each her own! :P
haha...that made me laugh so hard Isa! I suspected as much. I do love them. I just think they have this nice, old, rustic, country style that I love, but I realize that is not everyone's taste these days. Particularly here in the US, I think some sort of modern style leather couch or micro suede is fashionable. But yes, to each their own. :)
I've got some stuff for blossom-end rot that I had to use this year and so far I haven't lost any more this season to it- just 7 or 8 at the very beginning. You're welcome to use some.
I have to say that the European honesty is what I love about your posts Fran (and Isa'a comments :-) I hate the American tradition of LYING--"No, those jeans don't make you look fat." "Oh, I just LOVE your new haircut" I really couldn't see the chairs but I'm all about free. The dresses in your most recent post are super cute though.
So, Reni, was that written in American honesty or European? Just kidding. I know what you mean. I like my honesty, too, though I think at times I wish I could be a little more subtle like Americans. With time, I'm sure I'll strike the right balance.
That was actually Fran. I'm the real Henry and I like the chairs and we had a lot of fun with my parents. The red white and boom wasn't that impressive. I still remember two fireworks shows I've loved the most. One was at an Oakland A's game on the 4th of July, and the other was in Fran's hometown of Burgdorf on New Years Eve. (New Years in Vienna was a little bit of a ruckus for me, so it's not on my top 2 list).
Henry
I love the chairs in your apartment. They look great. I was wondering how they would fit...but you solved that problem with getting rid of the love seat.
tablecurve crack
kinoma palm crack
full version game downloads warez
quickbooks pos crack
dvdcloner 2.35 crack
crack pipes lyrics sage francis
smartdraw 7.6 crack
cvista pdf compressor crack
xshell crack
dvd vcd svcd mpeg converter pro crack
age of empires gold edition pocket pc crack
orion platinum crack
hide folders xp keygen
autodesk autocad mechanical 2005 crack
delphi 7 download crack
site map pro crack
adobe after effects 6.5 keygen
infiltrator network security scanner 2 0 crack
quicken crack 2005
live billiards 1.3 crack
Post a Comment