Sunday, June 21, 2009

Auf Deutsch

Be forewarned. I have decided to start posting in German occasionally. Mainly, I'll be writing in German when I address issues that bother me because I'm German (but I'm also hoping to prevent losing my last few memories of written German) :) I created this blog foremost to have a place where I can write about whatever I want, and to just be me, but I know 'me' in all my German-ness sometimes isn't easy to digest for some (usually those of a less German nature). Since I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, or want to put people off from reading my blog, I figured I'll just write in German about those things that most non-Germans (or should I say non-Europeans?) probably don't want to read anyway. Of course, I realize there are some who will still understand what I write. Well, just be aware that you may not like what you're reading. I hope that this way I can still be myself and talk and write about whatever I want, while not trampeling over peoples feelings too much.
By the way, if you're dying to know what I'm writing about and it keeps you up at night, feel free to ask me. I may even include a quick painless summary of my German post to satisfy general curiosity. We'll see.

6 comments:

Rachel Leslie said...

No worries Fran, whatever German I pretended to know has all been forgotten or replaced.

Isa said...

as google translator sais: ich sehe vorwärts aus! ;)

Henry said...

I'm not offended by what you write. Let loose and be wild!

Henry

Serenity Rachel said...

I always enjoy your cross-cultural posts. Guess I'll have to start practicing my German. Actually, its always a fun challenge trying to understand the German comments anyway.

Franziska Patterson said...

Well, I'm glad you enjoy it Reni, but some other family members (named Gusti) don't enjoy it so much. ;) I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But, you can always ask me, or try google translator. Or just get fluent in German real quick.

Anonymous said...

Oh, great. Now I'm not going to know when you're writing about me!