

But if I can't have a cool vegetable garden, I guess something like this would do:

Now, I have something interesting to say in regards to babies liking bland foods. I never really believed that to begin with. I figured, babies probably like bland stuff because that's what we give them. Even though Sophia hasn't been a great eater (yet), the stuff she HAS eaten has actually been the foods that I personally spiced up. But today she really surprised me. We went out to eat at a Mexican place called Chipotle. Sophia, sitting in a high chair, was really eager to 'try' some of our foods. I couldn't find anything good for her to chew on other than my delicious guacamole, so I gave her some of that. Turned out she liked it, and kept wanting more and more. She was actually eating quite a bit. And what was in this guacamole? I asked the employees (to make sure it had nothing funky in it). Ingredients: Avocado (what a surprise), lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapenos. Yup. Though it wasn't very spicy, it definitely was NOT bland. And she loved it. So much for bland baby foods. Maybe it was just her antibiotic changing her eating habits all of a sudden. We took her in to the doctor again today, after her eyes really gooped up and were swollen last night. Turned out she got an ear infection after all. I'm glad we caught it so quickly.
8 comments:
That is so funny. That is exactly how Grace was, would turn away just about everything I fed her until one night I let her try the sauteed veggies and salmon I made for dinner. She hasn't quit eating since. Then there is Alex who is just recently enjoying the more spiced up foods. Funny.
My boys disliked bland foods and ate curry pineapple rice chicken before their first year of age...and actually eggs and all the forbidden foods too.
That's great that she likes that. My boys sure liked their veggies more when they were kids than they do now. One thing to watch out for is too much sodium...
I know Angie! But where would she get too much sodium if all she gets is healthy home-made food? I don't add salt to anything. And the guacamole she ate also had no salt in it...so, I think she's fine.
Poor Sophia! At least you know what was wrong with her , then. Is he better?
*she* ;)
*she* ;)
haha. I know - the poor girl. Considering how bad I think the ear infection already was (she had puss in her ear...ewww), and that she was still pretty happy other than being goopey, not eating so well and waking up more, I think she's better. She's been eating better, and she sleeps a little better again. So, now I really think everything that was going on was probably because her ears were bothering her.
Post a Comment