Today we went to the pool with Sophia for the first time. I have to say, she was the cutest baby there, with her little pink swimming suit and her little pink bath robe etc. Unfortunately, when I wanted to take pictures, my lens fogged up (it was really steamy at the pool because it was 'warm swimming day' with extra warm water and all), so I kinda gave up on the pictures and the few I took are - well, foggy. At any rate though, it was fun and I was totally proud of the cool pool my little home town has. They have 4 pools inside. One for teeny tiny babies like Sophia where they can just sit in the water and play, then a little bigger pool for toddler, with a little slide right in the middle of the pool, then a bigger one again, with a big, cool, curvy slide, and currents and cool stuff like that, and then the very big pool with jumping towers, and everything for the serious swimmer. I also loved how they had tons of toys out, a diaper changing area right by the baby pool AND, to make it truly perfect, a wooden huge sort of crib/pack and play right by the baby and toddler pool so kids can safely play in there while you pay some attention to your toddler.
Let me just say, it's a cool pool, and I wish I could find something like that in Ohio (or Utah, or all the other places we've been)...oh well.
Fé loves swimming too, always has. We did baby swimming with her when she was a baby. Now we go once a week. They don't have pools for babies in the US? Really? What kind of a horrible place is this?!?!?
haha...well, there may be some place somewhere in the US that has stuff like that, but so far, any place I have been first of all didn't just have a public pool to begin with (usually you had to go to a rec center to swim) and then the places with pools never had/have teeny tiny baby pools. Totally lame...
Try the Davis County Rec Center when you're in UT. It has pools and fountains and slides and a current pool and a pirate ship... water fun for all ages and very family affordable. No changing Table in the pool area - you'll have to take your littlest swimmer to the family bathroom to take care of that.
That is a cool pool in Hannover, I admit. We had fun there. The Lehi rec center also has a cool indoor pool with a shallow infant pool with little baby swings and such...very cool. I want to visit Germany again!
A gal from Germany, a guy from California, another BYU love story, 1 bunny named Killer, 2 little girls, 3 degrees, 4 bikes, books in every corner, drawings on the wall, music and dancing, vegetable garden on the balcony, chocolate and prosciutto, pitched tents in the living rooms, cloth diapers in the bathroom, laundry piles in the bedroom, unvaccumed stair way, unironed clothes, lots of hugs, a bunch of tears, some heart ache, some fights, some disappointments, much joy, lots of traveling, nightmares and night cuddles, trips to the ER - swearing included, diarrhea disasters in public bathrooms, marathons, bike rides, prayers, faith, hope and hopefully some charity. Happiness.
6 comments:
Such dreamy pictures!
Fé loves swimming too, always has. We did baby swimming with her when she was a baby. Now we go once a week. They don't have pools for babies in the US? Really? What kind of a horrible place is this?!?!?
haha...well, there may be some place somewhere in the US that has stuff like that, but so far, any place I have been first of all didn't just have a public pool to begin with (usually you had to go to a rec center to swim) and then the places with pools never had/have teeny tiny baby pools. Totally lame...
Try the Davis County Rec Center when you're in UT. It has pools and fountains and slides and a current pool and a pirate ship... water fun for all ages and very family affordable. No changing Table in the pool area - you'll have to take your littlest swimmer to the family bathroom to take care of that.
Sounds awesome. Wherever we settle, I'll start pushing for something like that.
I remember in Hayward, CA we had a rocket ship park we loved to go to. They had a big rocket shaped playground. I bet the pirate ship is a big hit.
H
That is a cool pool in Hannover, I admit. We had fun there. The Lehi rec center also has a cool indoor pool with a shallow infant pool with little baby swings and such...very cool. I want to visit Germany again!
Post a Comment