Absence Makes the Heart Grow Henry
Ann was the love of Colin's life
Until the day he went to meet her.
Later she became his wife
But absence makes the heart grow Peter.
Jack was obsessed with Debbie's writing.
Then one day he caught the train
And found the woman less exciting.
Absence makes the heart grow Jane.
I love you when you're not around.
If we come face to face again we
Stand to lose by being found,
For absence makes the heart grow Henry.
by Sophie Hannah (1971)
This is a poem I read a few years ago when I got to know Henry. After just a few days without my beloved husband I can say that absence indeed makes my heart grow Henry. I miss him so much. Home these days is simply being with my family, and so being here in Germany, no matter how nice, is just not feeling as homey without Henry. I can't wait for him to get here.
Anyway, since I have been here, I have two things to tell. The first one would be that Sophia is the awesomest little traveler. We had the best trip. Sophia didnt make a sound for the whole trip basically. She slept for both flights, and only got a little fussy during the last flight's landing. Other than that no sound was heard, even during out 4 hour lay-over she just played and was quiet. And, to top it all off, she's been sleeping normally since we got here, taking her naps as usual and sleeping through the night. It's just been great and I feel so lucky to have such an easy little baby, even as we've been going none-stop all weekend (like a 7 hour birthday party yesterday). Everyone has been commenting as well how calm and content our little girl seems to be. She sure is.
The second thing I have to tell is that Germany actually has its flaws. Sure, I suspected that much before, but I've actually been noticing more things faster that bother me or that I don't like that much...I thought I would just mention that for all those who fear that I tend to think of only the US as flawed. Tis not so...though I guess I still tend to think Germany is the better nation. :)
Anyway, I gotta go for now. But pictures and stories will be coming soon. For now we're enjoying German rain, awesome roads, perfect Italian food, and great bread, cheese, meats, yoghurt, and 3 uncles, 4 cousins and grandparents who are all over our little baby.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so glad your trip went well! Have a wonderful time with your family.
Maren
Liebe Fran, deine kleine Sophia ist offensichtlich ein Engel und ein Wunderkind! Und hi hi, ich kann es kaum erwarten deine Geschichten über das doch-nicht.ganz-so-perfekte Deutschland zu lesen. Dem stimme ich nämlich zu. :) Viel Spass mit den Dönern, den Brötchen, und richtig gutem italienischen Essen!
Ha, ja also ich weiss nicht ob ich jetzt spezifische Geschichten habe, aber ich habe doch gleich ein paar Sachen bemerkt, die ich dann doch eher aetzend fand. Wie z.B. kein Wickeltisch im Restaurant, oder kein Stillzimmer im Gemeindehaus, tratschende Relief Society Sisters, und...naja, abwarten. Da kommt sicher noch ein Blog zu.
Gut, ich habe schoen alle verstanden. Aber, ich kann nicht so gut auf Deutsch schreiben.
H
I can't wait to be out there too! I'm working hard to make the free time worth it. I miss you too. I have a poem I will post once I can refine it's little issues. :)
Henry
P.S. Nice to see Maren(Ken?) commenting!
P.P.S. For those who don't understand German, Isa wanted to know the bad things about Germany. Fran replied that she didn't like that there is no mother's lounge at church and no baby changing table in the restaurant bathroom, and didn't like hearing people gossip at church.
Hey Fran!!
Happy Germany Day/Week. I missed your comments in RS yesterday ;). And then it dawned on me you were out of town!! Here's hoping the time passes quickly till your Mr. Man can be with you - & then slows down so you can enjoy Germany for awhile!!! Have an awesome trip!
Fran! I'm glad your trip went well, and that Sophie is being a perfect angel. I hope you have a great trip!
Post a Comment