Friday, February 27, 2009

Female Woes, Female Foes...


Ok, so here's a tidbit of private information you probably didn't want to know about. Back then in the pre-pregnant days, I used to always crave chocolate 2-3 days before I'd start my period. It was always my one sure tell-tale sign when I'd find myself thinking about (and eating) nothing but chocolate. For some of you this may be a daily thing, but I'm actually not that much of a sweet tooth. Sure, I like cookies, cake, and ice cream. But it's a rare day when I actually make or buy said items (or other sweets). Well, then I got pregnant. I waited for those supposed food cravings you have when your pregnant, but whaddyaknow...they never came. Then I gave birth to the cutest baby alive, and continued the rest of the year period free and food sane...

Then the new year came with that old female foe, and with it those long lost female woes I had almost forgotten about. The bad news: it's back with a vengeance. I've found that in the last 2 months I've had chocolate on my mind pretty much nonestop. I want it and eat it all the time. Our chocolate stash is gone, and this time it was me and not Henry. I've been buying chocolate icecream almost every week (versus almost once a year), and today (Henry doesn't even know this yet) I rented a movie at Blockbusters so I could buy some chocolate as well. I didn't want to get in the line just for the chocolate. It's awful. I feel like my body is trying to recapture a whole year of missed monthly chocolate-mania. I don't know how I will lose weight this way, but for now, it feels like my hormones got the better of me.

6 comments:

Isa said...

I was never much for chocolate, either. With me, it started after giving birth. I eat one piece of chocolate a day! I'm gonna die when I'm 40.

Serenity Rachel said...

I don't typically start my period until my babes are at least 15 months old--twice I never even had a period before I got pregnant again even though they were still spaced 2 1/2 years apart. I've been married 10 1/2 years and have had 6 or 7 periods total. Jealous?

Franziska Patterson said...

Not at all...you're missing out on lot of chocolate. :)

Ok, I AM kind of jealous.

Rachel Leslie said...

I love that the picture you have for this post looks at first glance like it could be you.

Henry said...

Renni,

I've never had a period or given birth.

Henry :)

Meike said...

Franzi, I heard that chocolate only stays fresh for about 4 weeks (I should know, I live in the chocolate capitol of the world). So you probably did yourself and Henry a service by making sure that the chocolate was eaten while it was still fresh and nice.