
I've been feeling pretty down yesterday and today. I don't know if it was that pint of "Dove unconditional chocolate" I ate, despite New Years resolutions, lack of sleep, sitting at home so much, Sophia not sleeping well and me failing to figure out why, Sophia not taking a bottle, feeling worried about our school debt/economy, worried that I wouldn't be able to support our family if necessary (my lack of "skills"), feeling like a failure as a mom, seeing myself in the mirror, or just hormones...but I'm feeling the blues, and I want more of that unconditional chocolate. Somehow the picture alone seems to whisper to me that if only I have another pint of it, all my worries will be gone. Now, is that the devil talking or what?
4 comments:
Franzi, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE and figure out how to get some more sleep. (See my previous 8-) comment.) Go visit some of the other chicas in your ward that just had babies. Do a service project. Find someone who needs some help and help them. When you are depressed the best remedy is to get ACTIVE and stop thinking about yourself. I love you and this too shall pass!
The devil talks to me all the time :-) and that ice cream looks amazing. I've been struggling with this lately too and feel like I'm worrying all the time and struggling to feel happy and productive like I should. I do agree with Quinn in that I generally feel better about things when I am with other people or involved in activities that force my mind to think about helping other people or just not having the time to think about my worries.
Sorry you're feeling down! I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!!
I'm so sorry Fran!! Staying at home with a baby was a HUGE adjustment to me too. I was depressed and miserable. Find things that make you happy and just do them. I can watch Sophia for a few hours so you can get a break, or a nap, or anything. Hang in there!
Leave baby and husband for four hours to do something meaningful to YOU. I also have days where anxiety is overwhelming and have found no remedy yet except than walk in nature and watch or read something funny. Find out if the library there has a baby time, or if there is an association of young mothers. (my little town here has one). Honestly though, motherhood is very hard, and i'm still trying to figure out how to handle all its emotions. I do much better when I go out and have playdates with people I like.
Post a Comment