Friday, January 16, 2009
Arggghhhhhhh!
I'm going crazy. Sophia used to be my perfect little baby at night. She's been sleeping more than 5 hours at night since she was 5 weeks old, and since then has steadily increased how long she sleeps. All of December she'd sleep 7 hours EVERY night. Not anymore. Just on the last day of our AZ vacation, she started waking up every 4 hours or so. I thought maybe it was all the stress from traveling, and after a few days, it seemed to get better again. But no...basically, except for a few nights, she seems to be back to sleeping only 5 hours at night. It's really wearing me out since she also doesn't really nap during the day. I actually really start to hate this, and since she stopped taking her bottle again, Henry can't really help me either. Today I'll try to only give her a bottle, to get her used to bottles again. We'll see. But anyway, I'm just so frustrated. What happened? Why did she stop sleeping. I really tried to not change anything at all, so she'd stick with this wonderful habit. Arggghhhhh...I wonder if she's growing so much, and just not getting enough in the evenings. I always feel a little empty by then. I don't know. But tonight I was ready to just cry, and jump off the balcony. I just don't do well with not getting enough sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this! That is one of the most unfortunate parts of traveling. Alia would always go back to her routine within a week, but when we traveled, Lawson would lose whatever small progress he had ever made and it took months to get that small bit of progress back.
I hope she adjusts back soon! Sleep makes all the difference in the world!!
I'm with you on the "I need my sleep" ! Kelden is 2 months old and still doesn't do too well at night..4 hours...and Julia doesn't really let me sleep during the day ! Ah the joys of being a Mom !!
Catherine.
You probably won't do it, but if you really love your sleep and really want the best rested mommy for your daughter.... let her cry! She slept through before, she will do it again. Babies constantly try to re-adjust their schedules. It is your job to keep them on it anyway. Put on some soft music in your room, so you can't hear her, have Henry check on her for you, but don't pick her up in the night and don't feed her again. It might take 2-3 nights, but she will realize it's not happening and give up. No I am not heartless either.
yup...you're right, I won't do that. :).
I wouldn't worry too much. Babies do that sometimes. Chase started waking up three times a night in MD but within a week or two he was back to 7 or 8. Be strong!
First of all...don't jump off the balcony. I know you wouldn't do that. ;) One of the hardest things I remember was letting the baby cry. Our Ped. said, just take a leap and let her cry. No way was I going to do that. Finally, it got to a point, where we had to get her sleeping back to normal. And we had to let her cry 5 minutes, then go in and reassure her, 10 minutes then reassure her, "I love you, your diaper is clean, you are full, I just fed you, you are tired." The first time was horrible, but she was asleep in 30 minutes. The second night, 20. Third, 5. You just have to decide what is right for you and her and you'll know what to do.
Oh my Fran, if you knew what happens when babies are not left crying a little... Because I was so soft and couldn't leave my boys crying for 15 minutes, I still get up four times a night ...and they are two years old!
They still cry, need comfort and Mom right there. I 'm not having another baby until they sleep better, which could be never. Because neither Teanu nor I were strict enough and couldn't deal with their crying, we'll be sleep deprived for long years ahead. I'm getting used to it.
Post a Comment