Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sleepy Sophia

Sophia is just such a cutie, which is why she can even rob me of some of my sleep and I still love her as much as anything. Last night she actually did really well. I heard her waking up after about 5.15 hours because she was coughing and congested again. After I cleared her nose, and her thumb (which she loves to suck) she slept for another 45 minutes. Then I fed her and she slept for another 5 hours. That's really good. Now she's doing her usual morning thing, which is happily playing on her play mat for about 1 hour. I love that she does that now, because it gives me time to have a nice breakfast, take a shower, and even blog something! I love my little girl.

Anyway, last night Sophia got fussy because she was tired, and I suggested to Henry to get her ready for bed. Well, while he was prepping her crib, and put her down on our bed, this is what he found when he turned around a minute after.




She also seems to become a mommy's girl. Last night I left for like 30 minutes after she'd fallen asleep. When I called Henry on my way back I could hear her hysterically crying in the back ground. She didn't calm down at all, until she was in my arms. We had something similar the other day, where Sophia just wouldn't be consoled by Henry, but stopped crying once I took her. Last night, even though she was totally beyond herself with crying, she even smiled once she saw me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, but I have a feeling that Henry feels rather rotten when his daughter doesn't want him and mommy instead. He tries so hard to take care of her. Poor guy.

3 comments:

Quinn said...

AAAAHHHH, nothings better than a sleeping baby.

HeidiPie said...

Sounds like a mommy's girl to me. Don't worry Henry, someday she'll be daddy's little girl.

Kari said...

I'm glad that she is sleeping better for you... unlike Avery. She was up every 1.5 hours!! If only I could get her to eat during the day!! And Heidi is right, they go in cycles. she will be Henry's girl sometimes too.